Strawberry Lemon Blossoms ~ Mini strawberry and lemon treats dunked in a lemon sugar glaze make a perfect bake sale treat!
Believe it or not, spring is right around the corner and these Strawberry Lemon Blossoms are the perfect little treat for this time of year.
I actually made these sweet little delights for a bake sale for my children’s school. I thought it would be fun to package them on a stick! I mean, who doesn’t love food on a stick? Then I put them in a cupcake liner and wrapped them up in a clear bag and finally tied them with some baker’s twine. I love how they came out, and I really love any opportunity to use my skills to help out the school! It is and always will be very near and dear to my heart since it was the very first school in which I taught. It’s kind of neat to be on the parent-end of things now.
These would also make great little treats for a baby girl shower. Those are always so sweet and fun! The recipe makes about 4 dozen which makes them the perfect treat for parties.
No matter what you choose to make them for, I have no doubt you and your loved ones will love them!
Strawberry Lemon Blossoms
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 3.5 oz instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease mini muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil for 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Using a teaspoon, place a small amount of batter in each mini muffin cup. Be careful not to overfill.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Make glaze while they bake (see below).
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a minute or two. Lay out a dish towel and turn out muffins onto it.
- While they are still warm, dunk each strawberry lemon blossom into glaze coating them as much as possible and return to cooling rack.
- Using a spoon, drizzle more glaze over blossoms, if desired.
- Let set for 1-2 hours.
- For the glaze, sift the powdered sugar into a bowl. Add lemon juice, zest, oil, and 3 tbsp water. Mix with a whisk until smooth.