White Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe – A delicious pasta filled with all the wonderful flavor of white chicken enchiladas with the help of green chilies, a little sour cream, and melted jack cheese!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Hello Julie’s Eats & Treats readers! It’s me Jaren from Diary of a Recipe Collector, and I’ve come over this month bringing you all some pasta! Pasta is ultra comfort food in my opinion. And this time of year is all about comfort food!
The fact that it is half way through November already blows my mind. I feel like we just started school and here we are about to embark on the holiday season. That’s crazy how fast it passes! Is it because I have 4 kids that keep me so busy now?
But this holiday season, I plan to really enjoy the little moments with my kids. It’s so easy to get all wrapped up in the things to do and the places to go and forget about what’s really important. For me, that is spending time with those I love the most. I plan on enjoying those special times like drinking hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies together. And it won’t be too long before I start blaring the Christmas music too. This season passes so quickly, so I’m really going to make it count.
And while we are having fun savoring the little moments this holiday, we will be eating this little pasta dish again too! It was really a hit! I love taking flavors from other dishes and creating new dishes with them. Pasta is the perfect blank canvas to do that. White chicken enchiladas have a white sour cream sauce and green chilies which really pair perfectly with pasta. My kiddos are also all about pastas with a white sauce. They loved it! And no fear, if you are not a fan of cilantro or black olives, just leave them out and you still get an awesome flavored pasta!
White Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 12 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: sliced black olives, chopped cilantro
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil for pasta.
- In another large pot, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and green chilies. Season with 1/2 tsp. creole seasoning and saute for about 7 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Add flour and stir for about a minute.
- Stir in chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil and then add chicken, seasoned with 1/2 tsp creole seasoning. Cook over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. (Keep mixture at a simmer).
- While chicken is cooking, boil pasta and drain.
- Once chicken is cooked, add sour cream and 1 cup shredded cheese to chicken mixture and stir. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add pasta and stir to evenly coat with sauce.
- Serve with a little shredded cheese on top, cilantro, and black olives.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 855kcal Calories from fat 375|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 42g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Connect with Jaren:
Here are some other dishes you might like: