Easy Apple Pie Bars Recipe
Easy Apple Pie Bars Recipe ~ Quick and Easy Bars Stuffed with Apple Pie Filling in between a Soft and Delicious Cinnamon Crust then Drizzled with Cinnamon Icing! Canned Apple Pie Filling Recipe and a Perfect Fall Treat!
Apple Pie Bars
Mmmm apples! Yay for fall and “appling all the things”! Soon will be pumpkin and I plan on “pumpkining all the things”! When I was growing up we had apple trees and apparently I brought apples to my teachers according to my Dad? I don’t recall this, but I guess I was quite the suck up it seems! Now, what would have been really impressive, is if I would have brought these yummy easy Apple Pie Bars to them!
What fall activities do you love? We went to an apple orchard a few weekends ago and had a blast. They had a tons of kids activities and a bakery. Of course, you knew where to find Mom! I love baking with apples but I also love eating fresh, crisp apples straight off the tree.
My coworker brought me a few the other week and they were delicious. I also made sure to pick up a bunch at the orchard. I tried a new variety, SweeTango, and they were AMAZING. Like give me them all. I may have hid them from my family because they were that awesome. Perfectly sweet, crisp and tart!
Apple Pie Bars Recipe
Speaking of fall activities, we picked our pumpkins today from the garden. I imagined this cute, fun, family activities where the girls were excited to pick them and we had a blast. Well, all the happened BUT we had an intruder on our fun. A snake. Seriously. If any of you know me, you also know this is my biggest fear, well one of them. Yes, I live in Minnesota and they are harmless, except to my blood pressure, but they are so creepy!
All of a sudden the hubs calmly says, “Oh there’s a snake.”
Uhhhh no. No. No. There is nothing calm about this situation! I went flying up to the house, well as fast as this pregnant lady can fly! The girls stand there calmly and watch my hubs take care of the critter. Apparently Mom is the only scared one in this family!
Then later the hubs makes the statement to my brother, “Oh, ya I saw three of them today.” WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????? He was not going to share this with me. He knew better. If you need my I’ll be in my house the rest of fall.
Grocery List for Canned Apple Pie Filling Recipe
- vanilla extract
- apple pie filling
- powdered sugar
- almond extract
Canned Apple Pie Filling Recipe
While in the house I’ll just bake treats like these fabulous Easy Apple Pie Bars! They are so delicious and easy! They start with a cinnamon spiced crust, apple filling and are topped with an cinnamon glaze. This is the easiest recipe and anytime you can use a shortcut like canned apple pie filling – big plus!
All the flavor… none of the work, yay!
Steps to make Apple Pie Bars Recipe
- Preheat the oven.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla extract. Add cinnamon, flour and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spread 3 cups of the batter in a greased jelly roll pan.
- Spread apple pie filling on top of dough.
- Drop remaining dough by tablespoonfuls on top of apple pie topping.
- Baked at 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over bars.
You can keep these out on the counter but I find they keep better in the fridge due to the glaze!
More tasty apple bar goodness, right here!
Love this easy Appel Pie Bars Recipe too? I knew you would! Be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats! I’d love to hear from you! Also if you would, comment below and leave me a five star rating and tell me what is your favorite part of fall (besides the snakes that is….!!!)
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Easy Apple Pie Bars Recipe
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 c. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans 21 ounce apple pie filling
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, beating after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract. Add cinnamon, flour and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spread 3 cups of the batter in a greased jelly roll pan. Spread pie filling on top of dough. Drop remaining dough by tablespoonfuls on top of apple pie topping.
- Baked at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over bars. If serving the next day wait and do this before serving or the bars will be a bit soggy! I store in the refrigerated to keep them firm but you wouldn't need too.
Leave a Comment