Cherry Pie Bars ~ Soft, flake crust flavored with Almond and stuffed with Cherry Pie Filling! Easier than pie but just as yummy!
Cherry Pie Bars
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 c. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans 21 ounce cherry pie filling
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy in a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Add salt and mix until combined. Gradually add flour while mixing.
- Spread 3 cups dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling.
- Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, extracts and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over top.
More Sweet Treats!
Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies ~ Soft, Chocolate Cookies filled with Cherry Pie Filling and Drizzled with Chocolate!
Lemon Pie Bars – Rich, delicious almond flavored crust with a creamy, dreamy lemon layer between the crust!