This quick and easy, one bowl, Chocolate Chip Muffins is a family favorite recipe! They come together in just minutes and are perfect for grab and go breakfast and snacks. Plus, they freeze great!
There’s nothing like waking up to a warm muffin in the morning is there? These Chocolate Chips Muffins are one of our favorites! I mean, it’s an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast, who wouldn’t love that?
Plus, they make a great snack to stick inside school lunches or perfect for after-school and sending with the kids when they have activities after school.
Pantry Staple Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Another thing that’s amazing about this recipe is that it requires ingredients I already have in my kitchen.
A quick and easy list of:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
Steps to Prepare
- Dry Ingredients – The first step is to grab your bowl and add all of your dry ingredients, whisk together until combined.
- Wet Ingredients – Next add your wet ingredients to the bowl. Gently stir until they are moistened. Don’t overmix, lumps are okay.
- Batter – Pour batter in lined muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake – Bake in oven at 400 degrees F for about 15-18 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
This chocolate chip muffin recipe is great by itself, but you can always add in other ingredients to give it something extra. Some of these include:
- Use different types of chocolate: You can stick with the mini chocolate chips that this recipe calls for, or you can replace it with dark chocolate chunks, milk chocolate or even white or butterscotch chips.
- Add in fruit: a ½ cup of dried cranberries or cherries, and raisins are great additions. You can also make these into banana chocolate chip muffins. Add in 1 banana and only use ½ cup milk. You can also turn these into blueberry or even raspberry muffins with the addition of fresh blueberries or raspberries.
- Other additions: Your favorite nut such as walnuts or pecans, coconut, or even orange or lemon zest
- Topping: You can sprinkle coarse sugar over the top for a delicious sweet topping. Another option is to make a streusel topping by mixing together 1/2 c. of all-purpose flour, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and a 1/4 c. melted butter. Sprinkle the mixture of the top of your muffins, then bake as directed.
Your chocolate chip muffins can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week if stored in an airtight container.
They can also be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer. Wrap individual muffins in plastic wrap then place them in a resealable bag. To warm the muffins microwave for 20 seconds or thaw overnight at room temperature.
- Don’t overcook the muffins. They are done wtih you insert a toothpick into a muffin at it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Don’t overmix the batter or you will have tough muffins. A few lumps in the batter are fine. Gently fold in the ingredients using a spoon or spatula.
- To prevent muffins from getting soggy make sure they are cool before storing in an airtight container. You can also line your container with paper towels and place muffins on top of it to soak up the excess moisture if there is any.
- Warm muffins and scrambled eggs are always a hit at my house!
- Serving a brunch? Don’t forget this easy Fruit Salad you can’t make ahead of time!
- Crispy bacon is a must have at breakfasts!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel and click the bell icon to be notified each time a post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips and stir.
- Add your milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Gently stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Don’t overmix. It is okay to have lumpy batter.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tins until about 2/3rds full (I used an ice cream scoop for this step)
- Place in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.