Looking for a delicious dinner recipe? These creamy chicken enchiladas are amazing! I’ve become known for them in my family and everyone makes sure to show up when I serve them for dinner! They are so creamy and delicious. This will be the last enchilada recipe that you’ll ever try! Spice up your dinner routine with this easy recipe. It will become a go-to recipe in your recipe box as soon as you try them.
So hard to believe another weekend is coming to an end. They always seem to go way to fast and the week drags on forever. I probably didn’t help that I worked Saturday. I was getting a little bit spoiled having three Saturdays off in a row due to the holidays. I’ve been baking up a storm on my weekend off. I’ve made Sugar Cookies with my amazing Sugar Cookie Frosting, Peanut Butter Ritz Cookie which are a family favorite, and my favorite Peanut Butter Cup Cookies!
Now it’s back to reality and working every other Saturday, which is a lot better than before. I was working three in a row, then one off so I’m thankful for every other Saturday!
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Jason went to Sioux Falls on Saturday to help his sister move into the condo she just bought. So happy for her just wish I could have got to see it too!
He was there all day and didn’t get back until late on Saturday night (long after I was in bed!). So on Saturday night I treated myself to a girls night alone with a glass of wine and hogging the TV 🙂 Well that was in between doing dishes and laundry. You just can’t ever seem to get a night totally to yourself!
But on those nights I do, I love to curl up with a great meal, that’s why these AMAZING Creamy Chicken Enchiladas are on the menu!
Grocery List for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Cream cheese
- Cooked chicken
- 10 flour tortillas
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Green chilies
- Cheddar cheese
- Onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper
Are chicken enchiladas made with corn or flour tortillas?
Really it’s your choice – in this recipe I use flour, but you can certainly use corn if that’s what you prefer!
What cheese is used in enchiladas?
- Cheddar cheese
- Jack cheese
- Cojita cheese
- Queso blanco
Cheddar, jack and queso are all cheeses that melt easily and are great choices for enchiladas! Cojita cheese is a salty, crumbly cheese and makes a delicious topping!
What goes well with creamy chicken enchiladas?
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
If you haven’t tried making enchiladas before please give it a go! They are one our favorite recipes now. In fact my brother makes sure to show up at our house whenever he hears these are going on the menu that night.
Growing up my Mom was more of a meat and potatoes kind of dinner person. I love making new recipes like enchiladas.
Guess what? She even loves them! Getting out of your box isn’t so bad after all!
How do you make easy enchiladas?
- Mix the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Lay out tortillas.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up enchilada and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Next combine the soup, sour cream and chilies, pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese, bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
More great enchilada recipes!
- Beef and Potato Enchiladas Recipe
- Chicken Ranch Enchiladas
- Shrimp Enchiladas
- Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chili Sauce
- Beef Enchilada Recipe
You’re going to love this delicious comfort food! It’s really one of our favorites. And leftovers on day two? Even better! Snap a pic so I get to see it and tag me @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats – it’s so good, I know you’ll love it!
Delicious chicken enchiladas perfect for a dinner recipe! These creamy enchiladas are stuffed with chicken, green chiles, cheese and topped with a creamy sauce and cheese!
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 c diced cooked chicken
- 10 flour tortillas 6 inches, room temperature
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10 3/4 oz
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 can chopped green chilies 4 oz
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13 in x 9 in baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, and chilies, pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.