Switch up your pie at the holidays with these easy Pecan Pie Bars. All the flavor of your favorite pie, but even better. They have a soft cake mix crust, gooey middle and topping of pecans. Perfect for bringing to parties, holidays and more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.
You guys know I’m all about the easy dessert recipes especially for the holidays! But just because they’re easy doesn’t mean they shouldn’t taste amazing, right? Those are the best ones – desserts that taste like they took forever to make when they are actually super easy!
These easy pecan pie bars are that dessert – simple ingredients, quick to make, but they taste like they you worked all day on them. You will want to add them to your holiday dessert plans! I’ve been making them for years and they’re always a hit.
You Will Love These Easy Pie Bars!
- They taste just like pecan pie but you can serve a lot more people with just one batch of these bars.
- The crust is made with cake mix! This is the secret in making these so easy. The cake mix crust tastes amazing – no one will guess it’s not homemade!
- You don’t need a ton of ingredients and most of them are pantry ingredients that you might already have on hand.
- They are a great make-ahead dessert. Make them in advance to take the pressure off the big day!
A fun fact about this recipe: it was the finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest in 1971! The original recipe was submitted by Pearl Hall from Washington. It was a winner then and it will be a winner for you, too!
- Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme™ Yellow or Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix
- Brown sugar
- Dark corn syrup
- Chopped pecans
That’s right, only eight ingredients and you have a pan of freshly baked Pecan Pie Bars! Keep scrolling for the recipe!
Steps to Prepare
For this recipe, you will use most of the cake mix to make the crust and some of it in the filling to help thicken it. So, before you start go ahead and take 2/3 cup of the cake mix and set it aside before you make the crust.
Make the crust: Mix the cake mix, butter, and egg until combined. Transfer the dough to a prepared 9×13” baking dish and press it into an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
Bake the crust: Bake it at 350 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until it’s lightly golden brown.
Make the filling: In a large bowl, mix the reserved cake mix, eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla. Once it’s combined, increase the mixer speed to medium and mix it for a minute to ensure it’s completely combined.
Bake the Bars: Pour the filling over the warm crust and bake the bars for 30 to 35 minutes or until the filling is set.
Cool the Pecan Bars: Let the bars cool for at least two hours before slicing and serving. You can also chill them until you are ready to serve them.
If you like chocolate pecan pie, you could toss some chocolate chips into the filling for these pie bars. It would be delicious!
You can make these up to two days in advance and keep them in the refrigerator. I like to let them sit out at room temperature before I serve them so they’re not too cold.
If you have leftover bars keep them in an airtight container and they will keep for several days in the refrigerator!
I know you and your family are going to LOVE these easy pecan bars. No one will guess you only used eight ingredients to make them. I love to make batches of these all through the holiday season – they’re always a hit!
More Pecan Desserts to Try
- If you want to give your brownies a serious upgrade you need to try my Turtle Brownies. They’re packed with chocolate, salted caramel sauce, and crunchy pecans!
- Cream Cheese Cranberry Bread is so soft and tender with tart cranberries, tangy cream cheese, and pecans mixed into the batter. It’s perfect for the holidays!
- My German Chocolate Brownies are a quick and easy dessert! You can use a brownie mix and doctor it up with gooey homemade coconut pecan frosting.
- If you want a great Christmas cookie recipe, you should make Mexican Wedding Cookies. You only need a few ingredients and they are perfect for cookie platters.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to comment and leave your five-star rating below!
Snap a picture and share it, too! Tag me @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 15.25 oz package yellow cake mix divided
- 1/3 c. butter softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c. dry cake mix reserved from package listed above
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 c. dark corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Reserve 2/3 c. of dry cake mix for filling.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining dry cake mix, butter and 1 egg. Mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer on low until blended. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown.
- While crust is baking make the filling by combining the reserved caked mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 3 eggs in a bowl. Beat at low speed with a stand mixer or hand mixer until just combined. Increase to medium speed and beat for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Remove crust from oven when golden brown. Pour prepared filling over warm base. Sprinkle with pecan and return to oven for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours, before servings. Store in refrigerator.