A classic homemade Pecan Pie is a perfect combination of sweet and salty. It’s going to be the hit at your holiday table, but it’s easy enough to make anytime. It’s a old-fashioned dessert that comes back as a favorite year after year.
We always go a little crazy with the pies at Thanksgiving because everyone has a favorite! Of course, I want to make everyone happy, so we always end up with a few different pumpkin pies, apple pies, and pecan pies.
Luckily, I have an easy recipe for all of them, and I realized I hadn’t shared my favorite pecan pie recipe with you!
If you’ve been looking for the best pecan pie recipe, you are in the right place. This is a no-fail, delicious pie that you will want to make this year.
You Will Love this Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie
- Pecan pie filling is so easy to make – just mix it up and it’s ready!
- You can use your favorite homemade dough or make it really easy like I do and use a refrigerated or frozen dough to make it.
- The filling has the best texture and sets up perfectly every time.
- You can make it ahead, so it’s ready to go when you’re ready to serve it.
This is a really easy pecan pie recipe, and you only need a few ingredients to make it.
For the crust, you will want to use a deep-dish crust. This will ensure the filling stays in the crust while it bakes and doesn’t spill over the edges.
The rest of the ingredients are a simple combination of fresh and pantry ingredients. Nothing complicated, I promise!
How to Make It
Make the filling: Combine the syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Stir in the pecans and pour the filling into the crust.
Bake the pie: Place the pie on the center oven rack and bake it for 60 to 70 minutes or until the middle is set and the crust is golden brown. Cool the pie for at least two hours before serving.
Tip for Frozen Crust: You can bake the pie in a frozen crust, but I recommend sticking a cookie sheet in the oven while you preheat. Bake the pie on the hot cookie sheet, and it will bake evenly and perfectly. This step isn’t necessary if you use the refrigerated dough.
Add Some Toppings!
It’s delicious plain, but it’s even better with a few toppings!
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. For an extra treat, drizzle some caramel sauce or chocolate sauce over the top!
- You can’t go wrong with a dollop of homemade whipped cream. Sprinkle a little cinnamon over the top for some fall spice!
First, be sure to measure the ingredients accurately, especially the pecans. You need the right ratio of nuts to filling and my recipe works every time.
If you don’t bake it long enough, the filling will be runny. So, don’t take the pie out of the oven too early!
The easiest way to know when it’s done is to lightly press the surface. It should bounce back. Or, you can use a thermometer and measure the temperature. It should be 200°F in the center.
Once the pie is fully cooled, you should store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
You can make it up to four days in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can freeze it! Allow it to fully cool and then wrap it tightly. It will keep in the freezer for up to one month.
If you’ve never made pecan pie or if it’s been a while since you have, I hope you give this recipe a try. It’s a holiday classic that always gets rave reviews!
More Easy Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
Bring on all the desserts! If you want even more ideas, you might like my Thanksgiving Desserts post with lots of ideas. Or, give these easy recipes a try – they’re all winners!
- Serving a crowd? Make a batch of Apple Pie Bars – they taste just like a traditional pie, but feed more people!
- French Silk Pie will cure the chocolate cravings and will be a hit for the holiday! It’s cool and creamy and easy to make.
- If you want an easy no-bake dessert, you have to try my Pumpkin Cream Pie Trifles. Layers of pumpkin cream cheese layered with whipped cream and gingersnaps are so good!
Tried this recipe? Be sure to comment below, I definitely want to hear from you!!!
And if you’re like me and snap photos be sure to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your yummy treat!!!
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 c. pecans (6 ounces)
- 9 inch unbaked deep-dish pie crust OR frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl using a spoon. Stir in pecans and mix until combined. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until middle is set and crust is gold brown. Cool for 2 hours on a wire rack before serving.