Chocolate Pecan Pie ~ A Traditional, Classic Pie Loaded with Pecans and Drizzled with Chocolate!
When you envision your Thanksgiving feast, what comes to mind? Of course, you imagine the great and ever-popular Thanksgiving turkey. That’s pretty much a staple, right? Then you might think of sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy, etc. After you have stuffed yourself full of all those amazing dishes comes dessert. Oh, dessert. Always my favorite part of the meal. Who else is with me?
Thanksgiving desserts are typically pumpkin pie or some sort of pumpkin dessert. Pecan pie is always quite popular too! But it shouldn’t just be limited to Thanksgiving—this will work all holiday season long. Easy as pie!
Would you believe it if I told you I had never, ever had pecan pie before I made this one? True story. I love pecans and I love pie, but there was something about nuts in pies that just didn’t quite sound right to me. What on earth was I thinking?
I have another confession. I don’t like pumpkin pie. I know, I know. It’s a classic. That’s why I’m so excited I found pecan pie. I’m pretty sure you will be finding this pie at my Thanksgiving dinner every single year from here on out. My baby is due days before Thanksgiving so maybe this year I’ll just give Mom the recipe so she can spoil me. (Hint, hint).
Pecan pie is so easy to make that I could probably pull it off even if I did have a newborn baby. If I’m claiming this, you know it’s easy! Just grab yourself the eight ingredients needed to bake this pie and you are on your way.
Dump, stir and pour the mixture into the crust and stick it in the oven. Then put your feet up, have a mug of coffee, and read a book. I’m sure that will happen, right?
Pull your perfect pecan pie out of the oven and be the star of your holiday feast! Ooey, gooey filling smothering pecans in this flaky pie crust recipe. Then to take it one step more, I had to smother it with a chocolate drizzle. It takes this pie over the top! What’s not to love?
- 1 c. Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 c. 6 ounces pecans
- 1 9-inch unbaked OR frozen** deep-dish pie crust
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in increments of 15 seconds, stirring after each set until melted. Drizzle on pie. Let sit until the chocolate is set. You can put in the fridge to help it set faster.