This quick and easy strawberry crisp is full juicy strawberries and topped with a buttery brown sugar oat crumble. This delicious fruit crisp dessert comes together in minutes and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Grab those fresh strawberries and make it today!
This quick and easy strawberry crisp is the perfect summertime recipe to use all those fresh strawberries that you have! It’s seriously so quick and easy and leaves you with an AMAZING treat that you can serve at party or just whip up on a random night week. Did I mention it has the perfect butter crumb topping? I’m all about that topping!
Friends, I have a major strawberry addiction. Like, I’m consuming 5 pounds of strawberries per week kinda thing. They are perfect this time of year. I’m trying to grow strawberries and it’s not going so well. I currently have one teeny tiny peanut-sized strawberry growing. Waaaah. Fingers crossed that my strawberries will grow, grow, grow. I’m not too optimistic.
In the meantime, I will keep picking up beautiful organic strawberries at the grocery store. Side note: I am at the store often. Too often. Every other day-ish. Any other food bloggers feel me on this?
So, what have I been doing with all the strawberries I keep buying? Aside from eating them as-is, I’ve also been making Strawberry Sangria, Strawberry Pie, and this super easy Strawberry Crisp. I’m in strawberry heaven over here!
What Do I Need To Make Strawberry Crisp?
- Fresh strawberries
- Orange juice
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Old fashioned oats
- Light brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
How Do I Make Strawberry Crisp Recipe?
This is the easiest fruit crisp ever. We toss the strawberries with sugar, orange juice and flour and place them in a baking dish. Our topping comes together in 2 minutes – oats, flour, sugars, cinnamon and melted butter get mixed up and crumbled over our berries. This beauty goes into the oven and almost immediately makes your house smell amazing! Once those strawberries are syrupy and bubbling and our topping is light brown we pull it from the oven.
Let this crisp cool off just slightly; you still want it a little warm when you serve it. And speaking of serving, don’t forget the vanilla ice cream. I say that the ice cream is optional in the recipe itself, but, let’s be real, when is ice cream ever “optional”? Get the ice cream, make this Strawberry Crisp, and watch it get devoured. Need help eating it? I’ll be right over.
What Can I Make Using Strawberries?
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Lemonade Icebox Pie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- No Bake Strawberry Pie Bites
Check out this video to learn how to make this easy Strawberry Crisp recipe!
If you like this Strawberry Crisp as much as we do, be sure to leave a comment and rating below. I’d love to hear from you! Don’t forget to hashtag #julieseatsandtreats and share your recipe on social media!
Easy Strawberry Crisp
- 5 cups halved or quartered fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie plate or similar sized baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Stir gently until well combined. Dump into prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugars, salt and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir until well combined. Sprinkle the topping over the strawberries (pressing some of it together with your fingers to form clumps).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and juicy and the topping is light golden brown. Cool slightly, serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
More from Celebrating Sweets: