Gooey Cinnamon Carrot Poke Cake ~ Amazingly Moist Cake Stuffed with Carrots, Coconut, Pineapple, Topped with a Buttermilk Glaze and Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
As soon as I saw this on Pinterest I knew I HAD to make it. There was no if, and or but about it. It was screaming at my from the page.
I set to work on this one Sunday afternoon as it takes a little bit of time, but don’t be scared! I was just whipping up the final touch, the frosting, when my brother called and wondered what I was up to. As soon as I said making some frosting he quickly replied he was on his way over.
He had just went out to eat with a friend and was to full to try out the cake, but I promised to send a few pieces home with him. The next day I received a text asking how many thousands of calories those bars had in them. I had to inform him it was a cake so it was probably something like three gazillion.
He also informed me it was the best cake and that it tasted like I just had made it because it was so moist, but I hadn’t! It’s always nice to hear great things about your cooking or baking so he knew he was buttering me up, but I enjoyed it anyways!
Gooey Cinnamon Carrot Poke Cake
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 c. peeled and grated carrots
- 1 1/2 c. sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13×9 in pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. For cake, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and sugar in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in carrots, coconut, and pineapple. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when pressed.
- While the cake is baking prepare the glaze. Add sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup and baking soda to medium sized saucepan over medium eat. Vigorously stir mixture for about 8 minutes. The glaze with turn a light amber color. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Set aside until ready to use.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, immediately poke holes in cake. Pour the buttermilk glaze evenly over the top of the hot cake. Let cake cool completely.
- For the frosting mix together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled cake.
|Serving Size||1 piece|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 470kcal Calories from fat 200|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 22g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Recipe adapted from: Life’s Simple Measures
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Craving More Treats? Follow My Dessert Recipes! Board on Pinterest!