Strawberry Jello Poke Cake ~ Quick & Easy, But Impressive for Guests! This cake Starts with a box mix and is topped with strawberry Jell-O, vanilla pudding and Cool Whip! Jello Poke Cake is the Perfect Comfort Food Dessert. It’s a quick and easy dessert recipe that is perfect for entertaining guests.
The BEST Jello Poke Cake
I’ve been thinking I should make this recipe for awhile but I’ve never got around to it. It’s a frequent visitor at meals when I go to other people’s houses. So I made a phone call to my hubby’s stepmom one Sunday morning and requested the recipe.
I needed something simple and fast to make for a dessert and this fit the bill. My mom had hemmed a pair of jeans for the hubby and decided that for her “pay” she wanted to come over for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas. This is the one recipe she refuses to make saying that it’s my “treat” recipe when she’s craving it. I was thinking about making Strawberry Pretzel for dessert, but opt’d instead for this Jello Poke Cake
Jello Poke Cake FAQs!
This Poke Cake is really pretty easy to make. You essentially just take a box cake mix and add a little bit to it. You don’t even have to make your own frosting.
I’ve listed some tips and tricks below to make this cake. If you have any additional questions make sure to comment below and we will do the best to answer them!
What is a Poke Cake?
It’s a cake that you poke holes in after baking it. Then those holes get filled with a liquid or filling. Popular items to fill the cake with are condensed milk like in this Gooey Cinnamon Carrot Poke Cake or pureed fruit, chocolate cream or pudding like this Strawberry Jello Poke Cake!
Ingredients for Strawberry Poke Cake
- box white cake mix
- strawberry jello mix
- instant vanilla pudding
- cool whip
Easy stuff right? This is so easy to make I know you’ll love this recipe!
How do you make a Jello Poke Cake?
- Following the directions on the box, bake the cake.
- When the cake is done baking, poke holes in it with a the handle end of a wooden spoon, place in the fridge to chill.
- Prepare Jell-O with 1 c. boiling water and 1/2 c. cold water. Mix until jello mix is dissolved. Pour over the cake and refrigerate.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding mixture. Mix vanilla pudding with milk. Let it sit until soft set.
- Smooth over the top of your Vanilla Poke Cake. Top with the cool whip.
Does Jello Poke Cake need to be refrigerated?
Yes! You’ll refrigerate it to get the Jello to set up in the cake and then after that it will need to be refrigerated since there is cool whip on it and you won’t want that to spoil. That is, if there’s any leftovers!
Can you freeze Jello Poke Cake?
Yes! You’ll want to do this after adding the jello and before the vanilla pudding and cool whip layer. Cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap before freezing it will last one month.
Then defrost it and finish making the cake!
Can I change the flavor of this cake?
Yes! You can really use any flavor of Jello that you want to mix things up. We love it with orange too!
More Poke Cake Recipes!
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake – Moist, Delicious Poke Cake Layered with Banana Pudding, Frosting and Topped with Golden Oreos!
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Poke Cake – Delicious, Moist Gingerbread Cake Layered with White Chocolate Pudding and Cool Whip!
- Gooey Cinnamon Carrot Poke Cake – Amazingly Moist Cake Stuffed with Carrots, Coconut, Pineapple, Topped with a Buttermilk Glaze and Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting!
Honestly what’s not to love about a poke cake?!! This cake is easy to make because it comes from a box and topped with light airy toppings, Strawberry Jello Poke Cake is the ultimate comfort food dessert!
Love it? Rate it, please!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS STRAWBERRY VANILLA POKE CAKE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Strawberry Vanilla Poke Cake
- 1 16.25 oz box white cake mix (prepare with ingredients on box)
- 1 box .3 oz strawberry jello mix sugar-free
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix sugar free
- 1 container 8 oz cool whip
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 c. milk
- Prepare your cake as it calls for on the box. When the cake is done baking poke holes in the cake with a the handle end of a wooden spoon. Place in the fridge to chill for 3-4 hours.
- Prepare Jell-O with 1 c. boiling water and 1/2 c. cold water. Mix together until jello mix is dissolved. Pour over the cake. This will seem like a lot of liquid but the cake will absorb it and it won’t become mush.
- Place the cake in the fridge while you prepare the vanilla pudding mixture. Mix the vanilla pudding with 2 c. milk. Let it sit until soft set. Smooth over the top of your cake. Top with the cool whip.
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!