This post is sponsored by The Hillshire Brands Company. All comments and opinions are my own.
Need an easy dinner idea, quick tailgating recipe, or a delicious holiday party appetizer? Then you are going to love these delicious Ham and Cheese Sliders! Slider buns layered with ham and Swiss cheese, then topped with a sweet butter and poppy seed topping.
It seems you can’t go wrong with a ham and cheese slider! I think it’s the toasty bun that’s topped with butter and seasonings, then stuffed with your favorite ingredients. There are so many fun and delicious variations that you can always find one everyone will like.
Why this recipe works!
- Quick and easy appetizer or tailgating recipe!
- The buns are soft on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside from baking.
- Tons of flavor from the juicy ham, savory cheese and butter topping. Loaded with mustard, poppy seeds, onions and Worcestershire sauce and bursting with flavor.
These Ham and Cheese Sliders are layered with Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham and Swiss cheese, then the slider buns are brushed with a delicious, savory, butter sauce that makes the buns nice and toasty on the top, and soft and amazing on the inside.
Plus, they are SUPER simple to make. I’m always a fan of easy recipes that taste like a million bucks, and this slider recipe is just that.
What’s not to love about warm ham, melted cheese, and toasty buns covered in a butter sauce?
Ingredients Needed for Sliders
- Slider buns – We like to use the Hawaiian slider buns because it is soft and tender in the interior, but any slider bun will work or small hamburger buns if you are in a pinch.
- Sliced ham – We used Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham, but grab your favorite deli ham. Both honey or smoked ham are great choices.
- Swiss cheese – Other great options are mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack or provolone cheese.
- Butter – Use a salted butter for this recipe.
- Honey mustard
- Dried minced onions
- Worcestershire sauce
- Poppy seeds
If you have leftover Crock Pot Hot Ham and Cheese meat I just take the leftovers and turn them into these sliders. Cut the buns open, layer with leftover hot ham and cheese meat and then make the buttery sauce for the top and bake!
Steps to Prepare Ham and Cheese Sliders
The first step to making this sliders recipe is to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then you will want to grease a 9×9 or 9×13-inch pan.
After that, slice the sliders buns horizontally and arrange in the bottom of the baking dish. You will want to slice them as a “slab” and not pull them apart into individual buns because you want them to be connected.
Then layer half the ham on the rolls, top with the Swiss cheese and then the rest of the ham. Finish by laying the top “slab” of buns on top of the ham and cheese.
Grab a small bowl and combine your melted butter, honey mustard, dried minced onions and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk this mixture to combine.
After the butter mixture is combined, pour the mixture evenly over the rolls, and use a silicone brush to evenly distribute over the tops of the buns.
Cover the pan with aluminum foil and let buns set for 5 minutes. After that, place the pan in your pre-heated oven and baked, covered, for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Remove the pan from the oven, take off the aluminum foil, and put back in the oven. Cook in oven for an additional 3-5 minutes or until tops are slightly golden brown.
Take buns out of oven, slice into individual sliders and enjoy!
If you prefer to make these with sliced turkey that’s a great option too or use our Cheesy Bacon Turkey Slider Recipe.
You can make and assemble these sliders up to 4 hours in advance. Store them covered in the refrigerator. Then bake according to directions. Add about 5 minutes to total bake time since they are cold when you place them in the oven.
Make a spicy version by adding a layer of pickled jalapenos in between the ham and cheese and pepper jack cheese.
Planning food for a party? We recommend planning about 2 sliders per person.
More Great Sliders Recipes!
Be sure to give this recipe a try! If you love this sliders recipe as much as we do (pretty sure you will!), be sure to leave a five star rating below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram either, I’d love to see pictures of your good eats! @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats
- 12 slider buns
- 11 oz Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham or any sliced deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard
- 2 tsp dried minced onions
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 or 9×13 inch pan. Set aside.
- Slice slider buns horizontally and arrange the bottom of the buns in baking dish. Slice them as a “slab” do not pull them apart in individual buns because you want to keep them connected.
- Layer 1/2 the ham on the rolls, top with cheese and then the rest of the ham. Top with the top “slab” of buns.
- In a bowl combine melted butter, honey mustard, dried minced onions and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk to combine.
- Evenly and slowly pour the mixture over the rolls. Use a silicone brush to evenly distribute over the tops of the buns.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil. Let buns stand for 5 minutes. Then place in preheated oven and bake covered for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, take aluminum foil off and put back in oven. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove from oven, slice into individual sliders and enjoy immediately.