Simple, delicious and amazing Pizza Sliders are the perfect quick and easy dinner recipe or great to serve as an appetizer at parties or while watching the big game. Sweet Hawaiian rolls with layers of pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni that are brushed with a seasoned Parmesan butter.
These pepperoni pizza sliders would be great for any night of the week but we think that they are especially great for game night! Soft Hawaiian rolls stuffed with flavorful pepperoni, fresh mozzarella and pizza sauce. Then brush with a seasoned Parmesan butter on top. Is your mouth watering yet? — mine is!
If you love pizza night and want to mix it up make these pizza inspired sliders for an easy dinner recipe the kids will love too! You could make homemade pizza while you’re at it too. A great way to be sure to use up all of those pepperonis and mozzarella cheese. If you’ve got some picky eaters who only want pizza and chicken nuggets, then they’ll love these gooey and cheesy pizza sliders.
Why You’ll Love this Pizza Sliders Recipe
- These Hawaiian rolls pizza sliders are so quick and easy to make for an appetizer or even a super simple dinner. You can make them in just 45 minutes!
- The buttery parmesan and garlic topping of gives these sliders so much flavor. If you’re tired of the boring “same old, same old” appetizers, then give these a try.
- You only need basic ingredients to make this easy recipe. No crazy things that you have to search the grocery store to find!
Ingredients for Pizza Sliders
- Slider buns – I personally love to use Hawaiian rolls in this recipe, but slider buns or potato rolls also work!
- Pizza sauce – You can make your own pizza sauce, or use my marinara sauce recipe, or grab a jar of sauce from the store!
- Pepperoni slices – Sliced pepperoni makes the most amazing and flavorful pizza slider sandwiches.
- Mozzarella – Make these sliders gooey and melty with plenty of mozzarella cheese.
- Parmesan cheese – Sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the top of your pizza sliders to make them extra cheesy.
- Butter – Butter makes everything better, and you can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe!
- Seasonings – This simple combination of three different seasonings makes the most incredible flavor in these pizza sliders.
- garlic powder
- dried basil
- dried oregano
How to Make this Pizza Sliders Recipe
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally and then set the tops to the side. Place the bottom half of the rolls in prepared pan and then spread pasta sauce over them.
Top each roll with the pepperoni slices and sliced fresh mozzarella. Place the top half of rolls back on top.
Then mix the melted butter, Parmesan cheese and seasonings to make the sauce, and spread over the tops of the rolls.
Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and rolls are golden brown.
How to Store Leftover Pizza Sliders
For best results, transfer leftover easy pizza sliders into an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the longer you store them, the more soggy the rolls can get. I do not recommend freezing leftover pizza sliders.
What to Serve with Pizza Sliders
While these Hawaiian roll pizza sliders are a fabulous appetizer, they can be a great dinner or lunch item too. Serve them with tasty sides like chicken caesar pasta salad or air fryer potato wedges. I love to pair them with baked zucchini fries or pesto pasta salad too.
What types of buns can I use in this pizza sliders recipe?
Hawaiian rolls are my most favorite to use for sliders, but you can use regular slider buns too. They’re essentially just a mini version of full-size hamburger buns. If you’d like something that’s more like a combination of Hawaiian rolls and hamburger buns, then try a potato roll! They’re slightly sweet and perfectly light and fluffy.
Pro Tips for the Best Pizza Sliders
- Add even more pizza flavor by adding cooked sausage. Grab pre-cooked sausage to make it even easier.
- When slicing the buns make the bottom of the bun a little thicker to hold up with all the toppings piled in the buns.
- Don’t pull apart the rolls then slice if you get the slider buns that are connected. This helps them hold their shape and keep the ingredients inside the buns.
Easy pizza sliders are a favorite around our house! I think you’re going to love them just as much as we do.
More Game Day Recipes That You’ll Love
- Every game day party needs a batch of BBQ Bloody Mary drinks! Mix up this super easy cocktail that is great for serving a crowd.
- These Green Pepper Sausage Wontons are the perfect finger food. I can never make enough of them because everyone gobbles them right up!
- These crispy Potato Skins are topped with melted cheese and bacon! A game day favorite that everyone needs to learn how to make.
- Make another batch of sliders like these Ham and Cheese Sliders. With a yummy buttery poppy seed topping, they’re irresistibly delicious.
- 12 slider buns or Hawaiian rolls
- 1 cup pizza or pasta sauce
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
- Cut the sliders or buns in half and set the tops aside. Place the bottom half of the rolls in prepared pan and spread with pasta sauce. Top each roll with the pepperoni slices using as many as desired (I used the whole package). Slice the fresh mozzarella into 12 slices and place a slice on each roll. Place top half of rolls back on top.
- In a small bowl combine the Parmesan, melted butter, garlic powder, basil and oregano. Spread over the tops of the rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.