We all love Peanut Brittle for the holidays! This quick and easy Peanut Brittle Recipe is made in the microwave which makes it the BEST and EASIEST Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe a quick and easy Christmas Candy! If you are nervous to try to make homemade candy like this don’t be. I was too, but this recipe makes it so easy and fool proof. It’s a great beginner recipe to try!
Thanksgiving is in the books for 2015 and we are already onto Christmas in this household! We had such a busy weekend. We had Thanksgiving on Thursday followed by Christmas on Saturday for my hub’s side of the family.
My pants officially need an elastic waistband already. I brought this delicious Crock Pot Cheesy Creamed Corn for Christmas and it was a hit. My hubs saw it all sitting in the Crock Pot and he officially said that it would never get all ate so he was looking forward to leftovers. Considering I quadrupled the batch I was sort of thinking the same thing but there wasn’t a bite left! Success!
For the goodie table, the hubs requested one of our favorites, White Chocolate Puff Corn, which is perfectly sweet and salty. Did I mention it’s as easy as this delicious Microwave Peanut Brittle? Luckily for us, there’s still a few handfuls of that left!
Peanut Brittle Recipe
We also celebrated Miss RyRy’s first birthday on Sunday. Did I mention it was a busy weekend? I’m exhausted. I think I need another weekend to recover from this one! I can’t believe that little doll is already one.
They say life doesn’t slow down as you get older and that is for sure true. I remember it like it was yesterday when I was overdue and wondering if this child would ever make her appearance. When she decided to come into the world she sure didn’t mess around.
Things haven’t changed much at all. When she decides she’s going to do something she will and you aren’t going to stop her! She’s such a blessing in our lives. Sweet and adorable and pretty much the best baby ever. Currently, books are her thing.
This weekend she was playing in the living room while I was in the kitchen and I looked over to see her looking at a book. She just loves it and so does Mommy! She mastered the word Uh-Oh last week and it’s her favorite thing now. Everything is followed with “Uh-Oh!”
I’m quite scared to entertain the thought of having a third child because I’ve had two great babies and I’m starting to wonder if I’m really willing to push it. I’m scared I’m going to have a baby with colic or something and I don’t know if I could do that!
Well, I mean I would, because you do, but uff-da that sounds trying! My mother had colic. My grandmother had to hire someone to come in and take care of her while she slept because she also had a one year old! EEEKKKKK!!!!!
Peanut Brittle Ingredients
- corn syrup
- unsalted peanuts
- baking soda
Tips to make Peanut Brittle
- Can you pour peanut brittle on parchment paper? Yes! Or just butter a baking sheet, that works too.
- Why do you use baking soda in peanut brittle? Baking soda makes the brittle tender by adding air bubbles, giving it a porous texture.
- How do you store peanut brittle? It stores well between layers of parchment or wax paper and sealed in an airtight container.
- How long can you keep peanut brittle? It’s great made-ahead and will last well for up to two months!
- What kind of nuts do you use for peanut brittle? Peanuts are the obvious choice, but you can use almost any kind of nuts – cashews, walnut, hazelnuts or pecans.
Microwave Peanut Brittle
Let’s talk Christmas goodies! I mean who doesn’t want to talk about those?
Do you go all out to prepare lots of goodies and make a Christmas Treat Platter where ever you go around the holidays?
I usually try to make a bunch of different cookies and have a goodie tray for the holiday parties. Although, my tray always pales in comparison to my sister-in-laws goodies tray. She actually had TWO trays of goodies at the first Christmas party of the season!
I’ve gave up on trying to out do her, but I still make a mean cookie platter! I can assure you this Microwave Peanut Brittle will be appearing this year.
This is the first time I’ve made Peanut Brittle. As much as I love it I was always scared to make it because candy thermometers intimidate me. Then I came across this recipe in a church cookbook from my neighbor I used to babysit for which is made in the microwave and it doesn’t require a candy thermometer. Easy, peasy! Honestly you guys. It’s delicious too.
How to Make Simple Peanut Brittle Recipe
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, syrup and salt.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave again, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Cook in the microwave until syrup and peanuts are light brown.
- Stir in butter, vanilla and baking soda until light and foamy.
- Spread on buttered cookie sheet. When cook, snap into pieces.
More Candy Recipes from the blog
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS MICROWAVE PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c. unsalted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Combine sugar, syrup and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes on high.
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave 3 to 5 more minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Microwave until syrup and peanuts are light brown. Stir in butter, vanilla and baking soda until light and foamy. Spread on buttered cookie sheet.
- Cool and break.