Super easy, delicious, homemade Oreo Milkshake is perfect for a sweet dessert. All you need is vanilla ice cream, milk, and Oreo Cookies for this classic, thick milkshake. Top it with chocolate sauce and whipped cream if you want!
Have a package of Oreos in your pantry? Use them to make the BEST Oreo milkshakes! Crushed cookies with vanilla ice cream and milk are going to make the cookies and cream fans in your life very happy.
You Will Love This Easy Milkshake!
- We love to make homemade milkshakes in all kinds of flavors and our newest favorite is Oreo. It’s a really easy treat to make all year round!
- If you have a blender you can make this easy milkshake. There’s nothing complicated about it!
- Enjoy it plain or dress it up with toppings to make it extra-special. I have a lot of ideas for you to try.
Make one for yourself as a special treat or serve up glasses for a fun milkshake night with the family! Either way, you’ll definitely want to try this cold and creamy treat.
- Oreo cookies – I use regular Oreos but there are so many special edition ones and you can use many of them to make a shake. I’m sharing some of my favorite ideas in the pro tips section!
- Vanilla ice cream – for the best milkshake, I think using premium ice cream is a must. You want a rich ice cream for the best flavor and texture.
- Milk – Any type of milk should work with this. I used 2% milk when I made them.
How to Make It
Place the ice cream, milk, and cookies in the blender.
Process until the cookies are broken down and the milkshake is thick and creamy.
That’s it! It’s so easy.
Garnishes and Toppings
Here are some ideas for dressing them up for a really special treat!
- Drizzle some chocolate sauce on the inside of the glass before you add the shake. Then drizzle some more on top! Or try some caramel sauce.
- Add a big dollop of whipped cream or use Cool Whip to make it easy.
- Sprinkle crushed cookies on top for decoration and a little crunch.
- Add chocolate sprinkles or other sprinkles that you like.
I love a classic Oreo cookie, but there are so many different flavors that you can use to make an amazing milkshake. So, if you’re feeling like branching, here are some flavors you have to try!
Mint Oreo Milkshake: Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or whenever you’re craving a minty milkshake! Use vanilla or chocolate ice cream to make it.
Double Chocolate Cookies and Cream: Use regular Oreos, chocolate ice cream, and milk. Decorate with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and mini chocolate chips for a really chocolatey treat!
Caramel Vanilla Milkshakes: Use Golden Oreos, vanilla ice cream, and add some whipped topping plus caramel sauce.
Red Velvet Cookies and Cream: Use the Red Velvet Oreos, vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, and red sprinkles for a fun treat!
Birthday Cake: Get some Birthday Cake Oreos to make your shake, and add some funfetti sprinkles for a fun birthday twist.
Peanut Butter Chocolate: Find some peanut butter Oreos and make a shake with chocolate ice cream and sprinkle some peanut butter chips on top.
If you have a high-powdered blender you can add the cookies whole. If you don’t have a high-powered one, you might want to crust the cookies before adding them to the blender.
The ratio of ice cream to milk is what determines the thickness of the shake. I like a thick shake and use a couple of tablespoons of milk for every cup of ice cream. If you like a thinner shake, just add more milk to thin it.
I don’t add ice – it will just water down your shake! Milk and ice cream are all you need plus any add-ins.
You don’t need to go out to get the best Oreo milkshake! You can make them homemade with this easy recipe. I really hope you give them a try – you are going to love it!
More Oreo Desserts
- Oreo Poke Cake is a chocolate cake topped with cookies and cream pudding, Cool Whip and crushed Oreos. It’s always a hit!
- Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is better than storebought!
- Dirt Cups are a really easy dessert that the kids can help make. They are so cute and great for parties!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 2 c. vanilla ice cream
- ¼ c. milk
- 6 Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate sauce for garnish
- Whipped topping for garnish
- In a blender, combine ice cream, milk, Oreos and chocolate sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Tip tall glass and drizzle chocolate syrup along the inside for garnish if desired. Pour milkshake into a tall glass. Garnish with toppings like whipped topping and crushed Oreos if desired.