Love a good sweet and salty combo? Then you will flip over this smooth, creamy and delicious Peanut Butter Milkshake. This homemade milkshake is so thick and delicious. Perfect treat on a hot summer day, but delicious all year long!
Calling all peanut butter fans! This peanut butter milkshake has your name written all over it and you are going to love it!
Cold and rich ice cream blended with creamy peanut butter and topped with whipped cream and chopped nuts. Sounds like a fancy soda shop treat, right? Well, it’s really easy to make homemade and I am going to show you how.
You Will Love This Recipe!
Homemade milkshakes are one of our favorite treats to make! Vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, banana, and now this peanut butter milkshake. There’s a flavor for everyone!
You can make it as fancy or plain as you like – blend up the milk, ice cream, and peanut butter and dig right in. Or, add toppings to make it even more special – I have a few different ideas for you in this post.
If you were the kid that loved to dip the spoon in the peanut butter as a snack, this is the milkshake for you. It’s so good!
- Peanut butter – I prefer creamy for this milkshake, but if you want yours to have some crunchy texture feel free to use chunky peanut butter.
- Milk – 2%, whole milk, even skim milk will work. The more fat the milk has the richer your milkshake will be.
- Vanilla ice cream – Premium is better! I would avoid low-fat and fat-free ice cream and treat yourself to the premium kind that is richer and creamier.
- Whipped cream – Make your own from scratch or use your favorite canned whipped topping to make it easy.
- Chopped peanuts – Optional, for the topping
How to Make It
Place the ice cream, peanut butter, and milk in the blender.
Process until the milkshake is your desired consistency. If you like a thicker milkshake add more ice cream, for a thinner one just add more milk.
Add Some Toppings
You can top it with whipped cream and chopped nuts, but here are some other ideas you might like to:
- Drizzle some chocolate sauce or caramel sauce over the top of the whipped cream.
- Add crushed graham crackers or vanilla wafer cookies instead of nuts for a crunchy sweet topping.
- Decorate it with mini chocolate chips, chopped peanut butter chips, or sprinkles.
Put a spin on your peanut butter milkshake with these variations!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake: Switch the vanilla for chocolate ice cream for a twist!
Banana Peanut Butter Milkshake: Add a few slices of fresh sliced banana and blend them with the other ingredients.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake: Add a few tablespoons of jelly to your blender. Grape or strawberry would work great!
Maybe you’re the PB fan or you know someone who is? You have got to make this milkshake! It’s delicious all-year but especially during the summer when you’re craving a cold dessert treat.
More Cold and Creamy Treats
- Cannoli Dip is an easy dessert dip that’s so creamy! It tastes just like cannoli filling but served up as an easy dip instead.
- If you want a cool and cream dessert, you can’t go wrong with Chocolate Lasagna. It has layers of cookie crust, pudding, whipped cream, and cream cheese.
- Don’t let the summer slip by without making some Peach Sorbet with fresh peaches! You only need four ingredients to make it.
- Make a batch of Classic Strawberry Ice Cream for your next warm-weather dessert. You will love every spoonful!
- Cool off this summer with a thick and creamy banana milkshake that’s ready in minutes.
If you love this recipe be sure to give it five stars!!
Don’t forget to tag me with your photos at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 2 c. vanilla ice cream
- ¼ c. milk
- ¼ c. peanut butter
- Whipped topping for garnish
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- In a blender, combine ice cream, milk and peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass. Garnish with toppings like whipped topping and chopped peanuts if desired.