Soft, chewy peanut butter cookies made in a mini muffin tin and filled with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! These Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are a favorite on Christmas Cookie Trays during the holidays. Plus, they freeze great so you can make them ahead of time.
I don’t think I’ve met any combo of peanut butter and chocolate that I didn’t love. These peanut butter cup cookies are no different! They start with soft and chewy peanut butter cookies and finish with a mini PB cup pressed into the center.
They are one of my all-time favorite Christmas cookies because they’re so easy to make! They look great on cookie platters so I always have them on my baking list for the holiday season. They are always a hit with the peanut butter lovers!
Why This Recipe Works
- These cookies are as easy as making a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie recipe. I’m sharing all the step-by-step instructions, but just know there’s nothing complicated – just simple ingredients you mix up and bake!
- The fun part is pressing a Reese’s miniature peanut butter cup in each cookie as so as they come out of the oven. I use the minis for this recipe and the kiddos help me unwrap them.
- If you are getting a head start on your baking, these are the best cookies for freezing. Once they’ve cooled, freeze them and then you have cookies on hand when you need a last-minute treat.
If you’re looking ahead to a busy holiday season, this easy peanut butter cup cookies recipe need to be on your list. It’s a Christmas tradition at our house!
- All-purpose flour – lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup and level it off. This is the best way to measure it!
- Baking soda
- Butter – leave it out at room temperature to soften it.
- White sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Brown sugar – pack it in the measuring cup.
- Large egg – lightly beaten.
- Vanilla extract
- Miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups
How to Make Them
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a mini muffin pan.
Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
In a separate bowl (or stand mixer), cream the butter, granulated sugar, peanut butter, and brown sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
Beat in the egg, vanilla, and milk. Add the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Scoop the cookie dough to form 1″ dough balls and place them in the prepared muffin cups.
Bake the cookies for eight to ten minutes. Take the pan out of the oven and, while the cookies are hot, press a mini peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie.
Cool the cookies in the pan before removing them.
I recommend the muffin pan because it’s easier to add the peanut butter cup. When you do this when the cookies are hot, the dough moves up around the cup when you press it down. If you bake the cookies on a baking sheet they will spread and you won’t get the same shape.
Nope! This is a no-chill peanut butter cookie recipe. Just mix and bake!
They will keep well in an airtight container for several days at room temperature.
You can use Rolos to switch up the recipe!
Yes, they freeze great! Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature. Store them in a freezer bag or container for up to a month. Let them thaw at room temperature before serving them.
All the PB and chocolate fans are going to love getting some of these cookies! You will love how easy they are to make. I hope you give them a try!
More Easy Cookie Recipes!
- Almond Joy Cookies are made with brownie mix, coconut, and white chocolate for a super easy holiday treat!
- Everyone loves sugar cookies and I top mine with an Easy Frosting that Hardens so the cookies are perfect when you share them!
- Make a batch of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars and you’ll get rave reviews.
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are festive red and white cookies perfect for the season.
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- about 30-40 miniature Reese’s butter cups unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a different mixing bowl cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place each into a greased mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.