Pumpkin Angel Food Cake ~ Light, Airy Angel Food Cake with a Hint of Pumpkin! The perfect, quick and easy fall dessert!
I’m going to get real. Hold on to your seats. Ready? If you don’t want to listen just scroll to this amazing recipe at the end of the post. Ok? It’s ok… I understand. That Pumpkin Angel Food Cake looks amazing. I might scroll too.
I used to be proud of the fact I was an independent woman, that really didn’t need a guy. I did my own thing until I met my husband and I was proud of it. I traveled, made my own money, bought cars, lived alone etc. I did it. I know I can do it. There’s something to be said about it.
Then I got married and I adjusted and things changed and we adapted. I was still independent. I didn’t care if the hubs worked late because I had my own things going on. Do not take that in the wrong way. I totally love him, but I also was fine on my own. I found stuff to do and I knew he was busy. There were no hard feelings.
Then I had a child. I suddenly found myself very dependent on my husband. I needed help. NEEDED help. Like as in if you can’t help me I might lose my marbles kind of help. Well, ok, maybe it wasn’t that bad. I liked to have help, I liked to him have around. And I really think he likes to help. He loves his little girl and he enjoys being around to help with her. Everything was good. He had a change of jobs this winter which meant better hours and I was relishing in the glow of this.
Grocery List for Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
- Angel Food Cake Mix + Ingredient to prepare
- canned pumpkin
- Plus you may need an Angel Food Cake Pan
Then summer started and people started calling. My hubs, you see, is a very talented person. He can construct pretty much anything you ask him to. It’s amazing. I point and he makes. Literally. I don’t care how you get that finished product just do it and he does it. He loves it. The thing is, people know this and that means lots of side jobs which is awesome but sometimes this woman at home needs him. NEEDS him.
Steps to make Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
- Preheat oven.
- Prepare the Angel Food Cake mix and ingredients required to make the cake in a bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl the remaining ingredients, mix until combined.
- Carefully fold in 1/4 of the cake batter into the pumpkin mixture. Then gently fold in the rest of the batter. Carefully pour or spoon into an ungreased Angel Food Cake pan.
- Place pan in oven on the lowest rack possible. Bake for 38 – 45 minutes or until cake is golden brown and springs back.
- When you remove it from the oven, Immediately invert the pan onto a wire rack or place on top of glass pop bottle. Cool for 1 hour. Run knife around sides of cake and remove to a serving plate.
- Serve with Cool Whip and sprinkled cinnamon.
Watch me make this Overnight French Toast Casserole below!
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
I think it’s called pregnancy. That’s what I blame it on. It got WAY worse when that happened. I’m exhausted. I’m tired. My back hurts. Do you want me to continue? I need you for an hour a night to help me. I ask what happened to the Miss Independent Woman I grew to be? She’s gone. I don’t see her anymore. If someone sees her on the corner send her back to me. Okk? Good. Glad we got that straight.
So the hubs is busy lately. I try not to complain. Sometimes I fail. Sometimes I whine. But it is what it is and I do my best. This is what I’ve decided to do lately. The best I can. That’s what I do. I’m going to admit something here so hang onto your seats. Lately I do not prepare as many homemade meals as I used too. I’ve decided that I’d rather hang out with Miss K than try to do it all and then be cranky with her when she wants attention after work. She’s my priority. She’s happy with a PB & J sandwich some nights and so am I. That means she’s being played with and loved. I’m there to see her get excited when the puppy comes over and lets her give her a hug or when she fills her dump truck with sand or when she blows bubbles.
That’s what matters.
What is the best way to serve this treat?
Topped with Cool Whip sprinkled with cinnamon!
Additionally if you’re looking for all of my tips and tricks for Angel Food Cake, be sure and CLICK HERE.
So to all the Mom’s out there. Don’t feel guilty for doing your best and picking and choosing. We do what we can. That’s really all there is to it. Here’s to us and being proud of what we do not ashamed of what we don’t do.
Now go stuff your face into this Pumpkin Angel Food Cake. It’s amazing. Simply put.
Love Angel Food Cake? Here are a few more to try and enjoy!
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
- 1 pkg One-Step Angel Food Cake + Ingredient to prepare
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine everything except the Angel Food Cake mix and ingredients to prepare cake. Mix until combined.
- In a different bowl combine the Angel Food Cake mix and ingredients required to make the cake.
- Carefully fold in 1/4 of the batter into the pumpkin mixture. Then gently fold in the rest of the batter. Carefully pour or spoon into an ungreased Angel Food Cake pan.
- Place pan in oven on the lowest rack possible. Bake for 38 - 45 minutes or until cake is golden brown and springs back. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack or place on top of glass pop bottle. Cool for 1 hour. Run knife around sides of cake and remove to a serving plate.
- Serve with Cool Whip and cinnamon.