This Seabreeze Cocktail is a classic vodka cocktail that brings together grapefruit and cranberry juice for a refreshing drink that can be enjoyed year-round! Instructions on how to make individual cocktails or a large batch for a party.
It’s cocktail time, and I have a simple, refreshing, and pretty drink for you today! I love a pretty drink, don’t you?
Well, this Seabreeze cocktail isn’t just a beautiful color, but it’s also delicious with a combination of vodka and fruit juices. You can make a single drink in minutes or mix up a big batch for a party.
I think it’s especially nice for parties because the ruby color is so festive. But, as you’ll see, it’s perfect all year whenever you’re craving a cold and refreshing cocktail.
What is a Seabreeze Cocktail?
It’s a vodka mixed drink that’s tart and sweet from cranberry juice with a touch of bitterness from grapefruit juice. The two juices combined are delicious!
A Seabreeze drink is served over ice and can be made with a cocktail shaker, or you can just combine everything in a glass and stir.
Because it’s cold and fruity, it’s a great beach drink, but the color is perfect for the holiday season, too! I think once you try it, you’ll find all kinds of reasons to make it throughout the year.
Why this Recipe Works
- It’s really simple! It’s easy to make, and you don’t need lots of different mixers and liquors to make it.
- You can scale this recipe up to make a big batch that you can make ahead. There’s no soda water, so you don’t have to worry about it going flat as it sits.
- It’s a great drink to make for one or two people, too. It takes just minutes to make.
Once you try this drink, you might find that you keep the ingredients on hand all the time. It’s a crowd-pleaser!
- Grapefruit juice
- 100% cranberry juice
- Lime slices and maraschino cherries for garnish
How to Make a Seabreeze Cocktail
Sometimes it’s fun to break out the cocktail shaker, but it’s optional for this drink! If you like a drink with some froth, definitely make it with the shaker. Otherwise, you can mix the ingredients in the glass.
Shaker: Fill the shaker with ice, add all of the ingredients (except the garnishes), secure the lid, and shake the drink for 30 seconds. Pour the cocktail into a glass with ice, garnish, and serve!
Stir Method: Fill your glass with ice. Add the vodka, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice. Use a stir stick or cocktail spoon to stir and mix it all together. Add a maraschino cherry and a slice of lime, and enjoy!
How to Make Big Batch for a Party
A batch of Seabreeze cocktails is the best vodka drink for parties because you can make it ahead and then let everyone help themselves. Make it several hours in advance and then chill it before the party.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large container and give it a good stir. Chill it in the fridge, and then when it’s party time, pour it into a punch bowl.
Leave the ice and garnishes out, and your guests can assemble their own drinks.
I highly recommend using fresh grapefruit juice to make a Seabreeze. It makes a big difference! Feel free to use refrigerated juice if you don’t want to squeeze fresh juice, but stay away from shelf-stable juice for this recipe.
Look for 100% cranberry juice, which is actually a blend of cranberry and other fruit. Cranberry juice on its own is very tart, and so other fruit juices are added to add sweetness. Avoid cranberry juice cocktail, which is sweetened with sugar instead of other fruit.
If you make a big batch for a party, you can mix it several days in advance and keep it in the fridge! It makes life so much easier the day of the party – just set up the punchbowl, garnishes and ice and drinks are ready to serve.
Whether you make a Seabreeze for yourself or for a party I know you’re going to love it! It’s so simple and so refreshing – everyone will love it!
More Vodka Mixed Drinks
If you love vodka drinks, I have a few other recipes you might like to try, too!
- For another refreshing drink, you have to try a Moscow Mule! It’s a simple cocktail with ginger beer, vodka, and lime juice.
- You only need two ingredients to make Black Russian. If you love coffee, it’s the drink for you!
- Vodka Strawberry Lemonade is a super simple drink that’s perfect for parties, too!
- If you want a delicious after-dinner drink, you can’t go wrong with a classic White Russian. It’s creamy, boozy, and easy to make.
- A Bay Breeze is an easy three ingredient drink that is really refreshing!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your amazing drinks!!
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 1½ grapefruit juice
- 4 ounces cranberry juice
- Lime slice for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- In a tall cocktail glass filled halfway with ice, pour in the vodka, grapefruit juice, and fruit juices.
- Stir with a bar spoon for 15 seconds.
- Garnish with a lime slice and maraschino cherry.
- I highly recommend using fresh grapefruit juice to make a Seabreeze. It makes a big difference! Feel free to use refrigerated juice if you don’t want to squeeze fresh juice, but stay away from shelf-stable juice for this recipe.
- Look for 100% cranberry juice, which is actually a blend of cranberry and other fruit. Cranberry juice on its own is very tart, and so other fruit juices are added to add sweetness. Avoid cranberry juice cocktail, which is sweetened with sugar instead of other fruit.
- If you make a big batch for a party, you can mix it several days in advance and keep it in the fridge! It makes life so much easier the day of the party – just set up the punchbowl, garnishes and ice and drinks are ready to serve.