Quick and easy S’mores Bark only takes 20 minutes to make. If you are craving a s’mores and don’t feel like building a fire this is the answer. Layers of chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers so you have all the flavors of a traditional smore.
S’mores are obviously a campfire favorite, but what about those times when you’re craving one and don’t want to build a fire? Those ooey gooey marshmallows with melted chocolate on a graham cracker are just too tasty to resist. S’mores bark is your indoor solution for the best ever s’mores dessert!
This simple dessert is so easy to make, even your kiddos could make it all on their own. We love making this or s’mores dip when we’re craving the irresistible flavor of s’mores. Sometimes, we’ll make both just for fun!
This easy treat is also a great gift option. You could make a big batch of bark, break it up, and put it in clear cellophane bags to hand out as a gift. We do that at Christmas with peppermint bark! Hand out it out as an end-of-the-year school gift, a fun summer treat, or even a party favor.
Who would ever turn down chocolate that is loaded to the brim with graham crackers and mini marshmallows?
Why You’ll Love S’mores Bark
- You only need 3 pantry staple ingredients to make this amazing dessert! You may even have them on hand already.
- Got 20 minutes? Perfect! 20 minutes is all the time you need to make no-no-bake bark from start to finish. It’s ready in a snap!
- Easily make multiple batches oat the same time. That way, you have plenty of this tasty treat to go around.
Ingredients for this S’mores Bark Recipe
- Chocolate chips – You can use whatever type of chocolate you want. I personally love the flavor that semi-sweet chocolate, but milk chocolate and dark chocolate would also taste great.
- Graham crackers – Grab your favorite graham crackers! The classic flavor of honey graham crackers is perfect, but feel to grab some cinnamon ones if you want something that is a little different.
- Mini marshmallows – Mini marshmallows are best for this recipe so that they will adhere well to the melted chocolate. If you use large marshmallows, they may not stick well and the ratio of marshmallows to chocolate and graham crackers will be off.
How to Make S’mores Bark
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then set it to the side.
Place the chocolate chips into a medium-sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring after each time until it is completely smooth.
Reserve 3 Tablespoons of melted chocolate in a small bowl and then pour the rest onto the prepared baking sheet. Smooth the melted chocolate out toward the edges. Be careful not to make the chocolate layer too thin.
Immediately place miniature marshmallows and graham cracker chunks all over the the melted chocolate. Lightly press them in so that there is plenty of surface area covered.
Take the reserved melted chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the s’more bark.
Place the entire baking sheet into the fridge for 10 minutes.
Remove the tray from the refrigerator and break the graham cracker chocolate bark into pieces. You should end up with about 14 pieces.
Serve chilled or at room temperature
How to Store Leftover S’mores Bark
If your home does not tend to stay warm, you can store s’more bark at room temperature. For longer term storage, keep this candy bark in the fridge or freezer.
FRIDGE: Place leftover bark pieces into an airtight container or Ziploc bag and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
FREEZER: This easy s’mores bark actually freezes quite well! Place leftovers in an airtight container or freezer bag and it will keep in the freezer for about 2 months.
What can I add to s’mores bark?
You can add tons of different yummy toppings to this bark. Marshmallows and graham crackers are, of course, the most classic but you can make any variations and additions that you want.
Crumbled chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, or Oreos would be delicious! Add candy like M&M’s, Reeses pieces, mini Reeses, or heath bar. You can also add a salty element like pretzel sticks or a little bit of flaky sea salt. Make your s’mores bark festive for a holiday with colored sprinkles!
- Don’t wait long to add the toppings to the melted chocolate. You don’t want it to set at all before getting the marshmallows and graham crackers on there!
- Be very careful when microwaving your chocolate. Keep an eye on it and stir it well so that it does not burn.
- An alternative way to melt your chocolate is the double broiler. Set a glass mixing bowl over steady boiling water and place the chocolate chips in the bowl. Stir until melted!
Have fun bringing the tastiness of a campfire into your kitchen!
More S’more Recipes You’ll Love
- Is there a way to make cheesecake better than it already is? YES! And it’s this S’mores Cheesecake recipe.
- S’mores Cookies are gooey, chocolatey and absolutely delicious.
- We love making these No Bake Ritz S’mores Cookies around the holidays. Who am I kidding, we make them all year!
- No Bake S’more Trifles are just jars of complete and total happiness!
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips of your choice I used semi-sweet, divided
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 graham crackers broken into small pieces
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- Reserve 3 Tablespoons melted chocolate. Pour the rest of the melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and smooth out towards the edges, but don’t spread it too thin or the bark will be flimsy.
- Immediately top chocolate with miniature marshmallows and graham cracker pieces. Lightly press them into the melted chocolate.
- Take the reserved melted chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the marshmallows and graham crackers.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the refrigerator and break the hardened chocolate pieces into large chunks, about 14.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.