This is the BEST Crockpot Green Bean Casserole Recipe to make as a quick side dish or a holiday recipe! Make this easy and delicious Green Bean Casserole in the Slow Cooker and everyone will asking for the recipe! If you are like me things get a little tight in the stove when I’m trying to prepare a meal for the holidays. That’s why I love easy side dishes like this. If this happens to you make sure you throw this casserole in the crockpot!
Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
Have you broken out your slow cooker yet? The weather is beginning to change here so yup, it’s time! We’ve been enjoying some of our favorites like Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup, Bacon Cheeseburger Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole or Crock Pot Meatloaf.
Slow cooked meals are definitely the way to go!
It’s the easiest way to make quick and easy delicious side dishes without taking up valuable space in the oven. Because ahem…. I hate to even think this… but Thanksgiving is right around the corner!
Delicious easy vegetables like Crock Pot Cheddar Creamed Corn soooo good! (this recipe is super popular, if you haven’t tried it yet, make sure you do!)
Green Bean Casserole in Crock Pot
This is the classic Campbell’s green bean casserole complete with crispy onions! Yum!!! Is any holiday meal complete without it?
Of course it doesn’t have to be the holidays for this tasty side, I’m just thinking as you’re just starting to think ahead, this is a terrific option for a super simple side dish.
You know what is an another amazing side dish? These melting sweet potatoes! It just seems like you can’t have T-Day without sweet potatoes can you?
Do you drain the green beans for green bean casserole in crock pot?
- Yes, you’ll want to be sure and drain the green beans. You will not need the excess liquid, it just makes it soupy and watered down
Why use cream of mushroom soup?
I mean can you substitute with cream of celery, or cream of chicken – well sure, but this side is all about fond memories. It’s that sentimental nod to years past and meals enjoyed with those you love. My two cents? Stick with cream of mushroom soup!
Grocery List for French’s Green Bean Casserole
- Canned French style green beans
- Canned cream of mushroom soup
- Parmesan cheese
- Fried onions
- Salt and pepper
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
Tips for making Green Bean Casserole in Crockpot
- Drain the cans of green beans well prior to mixing with the other ingredients.
- One you top with the fried onions serve immediately or the onions will get soggy.
- Stick with cream of mushroom soup.
How to make Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully mix everything, except the fried onions.
- Spread evenly in the crock pot.
- Set slow cooker to low, cook for 2-3 hours.
- Top with French fried onions on top before serving.
Using your slow cooker to make this is easy side is totally the way to go! No more cramming six dishes in the oven after the turkey comes out. No more waiting for side dishes to heat up. This is perfect! AND it’s just as tasty as the oven version!
More great vegetable dishes made in your Crock Pot
- Crock Pot Cauliflower Broccoli Casserole
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
- Crock Pot Au Gratin Potatoes
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS CROCKPOT GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Crockpot Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cans French Style Green Beans 14.5 oz each, drained
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup 10.75 oz each
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese grated
- 6 oz French fried onions
- Gently mix everything, except French fried onions, together in a Crock Pot sprayed with non-stick spray. Spread out evenly in Crock Pot
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle French fried onions on top before serving.