Mix up your traditional Green Bean Casserole by adding corn to it! This quick and easy Green Bean Corn Casserole is going to be your new favorite holiday side dish with corn, green beans and cheese in a creamy sauce and topped with cheese crackers.
If you are up for a new twist on traditional green bean casserole, you are going to love this green bean and corn casserole! It’s creamy and loaded with green beans like the original but dressed up with cheese, corn, and a crunchy cracker topping.
I like to switch things up at Thanksgiving and usually add something new each year – it’s a fun way to surprise everyone! This green bean and corn casserole is a dish I first made years ago, and now everyone requests it. It’s one of my favorite green bean recipes. Everyone loves the flavors!
You Will Love this Easy Casserole!
- It’s not hard to make – just what we need for the holidays, right?! You guys know me – I would never share a complicated high-maintenance recipe!
- Even though it’s simple, it’s delicious! The combination of the creamy sauce, vegetables, and crackers on top is so good. This side dish hits all the right textures and flavors!
- It’s really easy to assemble, so you can make it the day you want to serve it or assemble it ahead of time to make life easier. It’s up to you!
If you’ve been looking for a new holiday side dish recipe, I think you’ll want to add this one to the list. It’s always a hit when I make it!
There are three simple parts to this recipe: the sauce, the veggies, and the topping made with crackers.
The sauce is so creamy and cheesy with cream of celery soup, sour cream, finely chopped onion, and shredded cheddar cheese that melts into the sauce while it bakes.
To make things really easy with the main vegetables, I use canned French-style green beans and frozen corn. You don’t have to thaw the corn first – just add it to the sauce.
For the topping, all you need are crushed cheese crackers. You can use your favorite kind, but I usually use Cheez-Its. Crush them in a resealable bag with a rolling pin, or blitz them in a food processor.
2 Steps to Prepare this Quick and Easy Side Dish
Once you have your ingredients ready, it takes no time at all to assemble the casserole!
- Assemble: Combine the soup, sour cream, cheese, onion in a large mixing bowl. Add the green beans, corn, and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake: Cover the baking dish and bake the casserole for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Uncover it and sprinkle the crushed crackers around the edge of the casserole, leaving the middle exposed. Spritz the crackers with some butter spray. Bake it for 15 more minutes or until it’s hot and bubbly!
Assemble it Ahead for Holiday Dinners
This is a straightforward side dish, but to make life even easier for holiday dinners, you can assemble a day in advance and keep it in the refrigerator.
If you do, don’t add the crackers until you are ready to bake it. That way, they will be nice a crunchy! I usually crush them ahead of time and keep them in a resealable bag. That way, when it’s time to pop the casserole in the oven, I sprinkle them over the top and bake it.
If you bake the casserole straight from the fridge, you may need to add a few minutes to the baking time. It’s ready when it’s hot and bubbly!
Main Dish Ideas!
This green bean corn casserole with cheese goes with all the holiday main dishes, but it’s also a great side dish for weeknight dinners. You don’t need to wait for Thanksgiving or other holidays to make it!
- Serve it with roast turkey, honey baked ham, or slow cooker pineapple ham for a delicious holiday dinner.
- It’s also great with Parmesan pork chops, baked chicken legs, and griddle steaks for an amazing weeknight dinner!
More Great Recipes!
- The BEST Green Bean Casserole is a holiday classic, and my version always gets rave views! You will love the creamy green beans with the crunchy onion topping!
- Ham and Green Bean Casserole takes a side dish and turns it into a main dish!
- Crock Pot Bacon Green Beans are a great way to save space in the oven for holiday dinners. Plus, it has bacon!
- Scalloped Potatoes with Ham & Cheese are Delicious, Homemade Scalloped Potatoes Layered with Ham & Cheese!
- It’s so easy to make Creamed Corn for a holiday side dish or a weeknight meal.
Be sure to try 25+ Kid Friendly Vegetable Recipes with tons of Vegetable Recipes That Even The Pickiest Eaters Will Eat! Everything From Peas, Carrots, Zucchini and Broccoli!
Love this green bean and corn casserole recipe? Be sure and comment below and give this recipe a five-star rating!
If you snap a photo, tag me at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I get to see your delicious dish!
- 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup*
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 2 cans French Style green beans, drained 14.5 oz each
- 2 c. frozen corn thawed
- 1/4 c. crushed cheese crackers
- Butter flavored spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine soup, sour cream, cheese and onion. Mix in corn and beans.
- Transfer to 2 quart baking dish prepare with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes in preheated oven. Uncover and sprinkle crushed crackers around outside of edge of pan. Spritz crackers with butter flavored spray. Bake 15 more minutes.