White Chocolate S’mores Bars ~ The Ultimate Treat! These Gooey Cake Bars are a Delicious Twist on a S’mores Bar!
Oh my goodness these bars are pretty much to die for. Ooey and gooey and rich and yummy. I mean really rich and yummy. I can only take about two bites and that’s enough until I go back later for more. I mean I kinda of want to stick my face in the pan. Is it bad I’m actually admitting to this and telling you? I thought I better tell you so when you make them and want to do the same thing you know it’s completely normal, well if you consider me normal and all! My favorite bar recipe is going to have to move over for these!
I made these Saturday and I was doubtful on them when I took them out. I snatched a piece of the corner and it was a bit crunchy but oh man I think the edge might be my favorite part of the bar because the marshmallow is crunchy and tastes like it’s been roasted over a campfire. Then I tried the middle and changed my mind because it’s so ooey and gooey. It’s a toss up so I guess the whole pan is just amazing.
My parents stopped over Saturday afternoon in between a wedding ceremony and the reception we were going to. I served up some Summer Slush and these bars. I’m not sure which they liked better but I know they liked them both. My mom and dad kept saying how good they were and good ‘ol dad kept slicing little pieces off the bars. YUMMY!
My tip on this recipe is that I skipped lining the pan with tinfoil and I think you might want to include this step if you are looking for pretty bars. Also, it says to cut the crust off on the edges and it will make a “prettier” bar. It will make a nice looking bar but I’m going to say the edge is some of my favorite part so if you do this make sure to keep the edge for snacking on! Enjoy!
White Chocolate S’mores Bars ~ The Ultimate Treat! These Gooey Cake Bars are a Delicious Twist on a S'mores Bar!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 1/2 full graham crackers
- 10 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with tin foil that’s been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure foil goes all the way up and over the edges.
- Place cake mix, egg, and butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix until a nice dough forms similar to a cookie dough. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer with graham crackers, white chips then marshmallows. Top with remaining half of dough pressing evenly. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top. You might want to go a little light on this as mine had to much and was a bit runny even when the bars were done.
- Bake for 28-33 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top. Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then take a plastic knife and run along edges to loosen marshmallow (this will make your life easier when pulling foil out of pan to remove bars. Let cool completely then remove bars from pan with foil edges. Cut off all edges if desired, about 1/2 inch each side. I save the edges to snack on too. Cut bars into squares and serve. They are delicious room temperature or chilled.
Pictures Updated 8-15-16
Adapted From: Picky Palate
Get Yourself More S’mores!
S’mores Bars ~ Now You Can Have a S’more Whenever You Want! These Delicious S’mores Bars Are Full of Graham Crackers, Marshmallows and Chocolate! Ooey, Gooey and Delicious!
S’mores Muddy Buddies ~ Only 5 Ingredient Recipe! Yummy mixture of Golden Graham cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar and mallow bits!
S’mores Donuts ~ Homemade Donuts Loaded with Marshmallow Frosting then Drizzled with Chocolate and Topped with Crushed Graham Crackers!