Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers – Grilled shrimp skewers covered in a spicy, creamy, sweet chili sauce. Perfect for the summer barbecues!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Check out our online Home Decor & Clothing Boutique Drops of Sunshine!
It’ll grilling season! Who’s been grilling up a storm so far?! I have!! Grilling is my FAVORITE, especially because of the amazing charred grill marks that add so much flavor. Yummmm.
Today’s recipe is brought to you by the spectacular grilling machine, otherwise known as a grill.
Check out these yummy Grilled Bang Bank Shrimp Skewers!
Have you heard of Bang Bang Shrimp before? They are a fried shrimp appetizer that are coated in a creamy, spicy sauce that gained popularity from an upscale seafood restaurant chain. I credit these shrimp for getting me to like spicy foods. See, fried foods can change the world!
Since frying at home isn’t my favorite AND I just love grilling so much, I transformed this recipe into grilled skewers. And they’re extra healthy because they don’t have the breaded coating. But don’t worry – they still have the same creamy sauce covering every square inch.
To make these skewers, all you need to do is skewer the shrimp on damp wooden skewers, cook on high heat for 4-6 minutes, and then coat in the creamy sauce once they’ve come off the grill. The sauce is simply a combination of sriracha, mayo, and sweet chili sauce. That’s all there is to it!
Because the shrimp are allocated on medium skewers, they’re super easy to serve at summer barbeques and parties. I also love my grilled cilantro lime chicken skewers for that reason, too. Plus, they take literally minutes to make so they are simple to grill up once guests have arrived.
To make sure these skewers turn out amazingly, check out these tips below:
- Make sure to give the sauce a taste test before coating the shrimp. I found mine to be too mild so I kept adding more and more sriracha. You may want yours a little spicier, too.
- Don’t forget to soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes before adding the shrimp and grilling. It will keep the skewers from catching fire during the grilling process.
- Shrimp can taste rubbery when reheated so I don’t recommend making these ahead of time. They take very little time to cook so it won’t save much time anyway.
There you have it – an amazing new grilling recipe to prepare this summer! Let me know how much you love it by commenting below.
Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers
- 1 pound of thawed jumbo shrimp (about 30 shrimp)
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- scallions (for garnish)
- Soak medium wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before adding shrimp. Remove from water and dry on a paper towel. Preheat grill to high.
- Prepare sauce by whisking mayo, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha together. Set aside.
- Place shrimp on skewers until you have an inch on either end (mine fit about 3 shrimp per skewer).
- Brush shrimp with oil on both sides to keep from sticking to grill.
- Place on preheated grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until bright pink.
- Remove from grill.
- Brush each skewer of shrimp with bang bang sauce. Make sure to get both sides!
- Serve shrimp immediately, with extra sauce on the side.
by Sharon Glascoe
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 72kcal Calories from fat 66|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Connect with Sharon Here!
More easy recipes you might enjoy: