Easy quick bread full of fresh apples, cinnamon and cinnamon streusel topping. This Apple Bread recipe is perfect for a fall treat. Pair a warm slice slathered in butter with your morning coffee in the morning or a snack in the afternoon.
This apple cinnamon bread with a crunchy streusel topping is usually the first bread I make every fall. It’s the best way to welcome the new season!
I love apple recipes and can hardly wait each year to get our apples and bake all kinds of things like muffins, dessert bars, and, of course, this apple bread. I’m always a little sad when summer ends, but apple season always cheers me up!
You Will LOVE this Apple Bread!
- It’s a quick bread so it’s easy to make!
- It’s loaded with fresh apples and cinnamon. The two are a match made in heaven!
- There’s streusel baked inside the bread and sprinkled over the top so every bite has crunchy, sugary goodness.
Plus, it’s freezer-friendly so you can make a batch to have on hand for later. Sometimes I freeze it just so I don’t eat it all in one sitting. Trust me, it’s easy to do!
The combination of ingredients in this recipe not only tastes amazing but your house will be filled with the scent of baking apples and cinnamon. It will definitely get you in the fall spirit!
For the Bread:
- Softened butter
- Lemon juice
- Diced apples
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
You will need two bowls for this recipe, which will make it easy to mix the batter without overworking the flour. The bread will have a really soft and tender crumb, which is what you want!
So, start by beating the butter, sugar, and eggs together until they’re nice and creamy. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix just until combined. Mix in the diced apples.
How to Make Streusel
In a bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, granulated sugar, and cinnamon together. Add some butter and cut it into the mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
Place half of the apple bread batter in a loaf pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle half of the streusel over the top. Add the rest of the batter and then sprinkle the rest of the topping over the top of the batter.
Bake the bread for an hour at 350 degrees. Let it cool before slicing and serving.
How to Freeze It
This bread is great for freezing – sometimes I double the recipe and freeze one loaf for later.
Make sure it’s completely cooled before you tightly wrap it in plastic wrap. Store the loaf in an airtight container and it will keep well for up to two months.
Sometimes I slice the bread first and wrap each piece separately and keep them in a freezer bag. It’s really easy to help yourself to a one or two slices at a time this way.
I think the best kind are ones that are tart and sweet like honeycrisp, Fuji, and gala apples. Granny Smith apples are always a good choice, too!
I don’t recommend it since it will make the bread too moist and it could collapse in the middle after it’s baked.
I’ve only tested this recipe with all-purpose flour. Bread flour would probably make the bread too dense and I can’t say how cake flour would work. If you try it please let me know in the comments!
To get the best texture you definitely want to mix the dry ingredients before adding them to the sugar, butter and eggs. Doing it this way will make it easier to mix the batter without over mixing the flour.
You are going to want to add this apple bread recipe to your fall baking list! We love it as a special breakfast treat or as a sweet afternoon snack. But don’t take my word for it, check out what readers have to say about it!
What people are saying about this recipe
“Just made this marvelous apple bread, it looks wonderful and smells like fall… This recipe is a keeper!”
“Thanks for the awesome recipe! ‘Twas stupendous! Many thanks.”
“Made this bread on Sunday, today is Tuesday and it is gone!! It was insanely delish!! Thanks for sharing and I know we will make this again and again!!”
More Fall Recipes!
- If you are looking for the perfect fall breakfast idea Pumpkin Pancakes are a perfect choice! They are light and airy because of a secret step and perfectly spiced with pumpkin spice!
- My Maple Pecan Monkey Bread is really easy to make and great for breakfast or brunch!
- Homemade Pumpkin Bars are the best dessert for potlucks and holidays. It’s an easy recipe that is perfect for fall.
Try it and love it? I’d love it if you’d give it a rating below and comment. If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. apple peeled and diced
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter, sugar and eggs until creamy. Add in lemon juice and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture until just moistened. Mix in apples until combined.
- In a small bowl cut together topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Spread half of apple batter into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle half of streusel topping over batter. Repeat layers for 2nd half of batter and ending with the rest of the topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.