Apple Pull Apart Bread is a delicious fall recipe filled with our favorites! It’s soft pull apart bread made from dinner rolls that’s loaded with apples, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and butter! Then topped with a homemade powdered sugar glaze. Perfect for a snack, breakfast or dessert. Everyone will be fighting over the last piece.
Amazing Apple Pull Apart Bread!
This time of year I could share apple recipes 24/7, but I should really wrap up these apple posts and move on to some pumpkin! I just love Apple Crisp, Apple Monkey Bread and all things apple so much it’s hard not to just stay in the wonderful world of apples as long as I can! I’m sharing this Apple Pull Apart Bread before I get off the apple train and I’m pretty sure you’re going to love it!
It’s an ooey-gooey and yummy breakfast treat for fall. Fresh apples baked up with nuts and spices is like aromatherapy while it’s in the oven! Oh, and it’s drizzled with a super simple icing that takes all of a minute to whip up. You guys know I love a super easy recipe and this Apple Pull Apart Bread is so easy you’ll want to make it all fall! You don’t even have to peel the apples in this one!
It’s tempting to buy store-bought pastries and baked goods, but it’s so much better when you can make it yourself! I promise, this Apple Pull Apart Bread is so easy and it’s not only delicious, but your house will smell amazing while it bakes. A slice of warm Apple Pull Apart Bread, a crisp fall day, and a warm cup of coffee? Sounds like heaven to me!
Don’t worry, you don’t have to make the dough from scratch – we’re using a smart shortcut for that! All you have to do is chop the apples and walnuts and it’s pretty much ready to go in the oven.
If you’re like me and ready to start your fall baking, this pull-apart bread recipe should definitely be on your must-make list!
What ingredients do I need to make Apple Pull Apart Bread?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy apple bread recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- store-bought dinner roll dough, thawed
- chopped Granny Smith apples
- brown sugar
- chopped walnuts
- melted butter
- powdered sugar and milk, for the glaze
How do I make Apple Pull Apart Bread?
- Mix Ingredients – combine the chopped apples, sugar, walnuts and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Cut Dinner Rolls – using kitchen shears, cut each dinner roll dough ball into thirds.
- Place in Pan – place 12 of the dough pieces in the bottom of the pan. Drizzle a third of the melted butter over the dough balls. Top with a third of the chopped apples mixture. Repeat these layers (dough, butter, apples) until all of the ingredients are used up.
- Let Rise – let the dough rise for an hour or until the dough has doubled in size. I’ve let it rise overnight before and the dough rose a little too high, but I just used a knife to deflate some of the dough and it was fine.
- Bake – preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the pull-apart bread for 30 to 35 minutes or until it’s golden brown and cooked through.
I like to cool it for 15 minutes before glazing it. To make the glaze, just combine the milk and powdered sugar in a bowl until smooth and then drizzle or pour it over the top of the pull-apart bread.
What tools do I need to make this?
What kind of Apple is best for Apple Bread?
What Size Pan do I need for this?
You need to use a 9×5″inch loaf pan to bake this Apple Pull Apart Bread because it is the perfect size to hold the bread after it rises. If you have small loaf pans I recommend dividing it into two separate smaller loaves.
Substitutions and Variations
I love the flavor combination of walnuts and cinnamon, but you can substitute other nuts and spices depending on what you have on hand!
Instead of cinnamon, try:
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
- or a combination of both with cinnamon
Instead of walnuts, try:
- macadamia nuts
More Easy Bread Recipes!
Be sure to check out some of my other favorite bread recipes. Don’t worry they are all easy!
More Apple Treats!
- Apple Bars with Caramel Frosting
- Apple Pie Bars
- Apple Muffins
- Grilled Caramel Apple Crisp
- Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS APPLE PULL APART BREAD RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your delicious Apple Bread!!
Apple Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- 12 frozen dinner rolls thawed
- 2 Granny Smith apples chopped
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. walnuts finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the chopped apples, brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Using a pair of kitchen scissors, but each roll into thirds. Place 12 small roll pieces on the bottom of the loaf pan. Drizzle a third of the melted butter on top of the roll pieces. Then top with third of apple mixture. Repeat layers two more times, until ingredients are used up.
- Let rise for about an hour or until rolls have doubled in size. I actually let it raise overnight and it was pouring out over the side. I just stuck a knife into it several times and let the air out and then baked it.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until tops are golden brown and the middle rolls are done. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Mix together icing ingredients and pour over bread.