Light, fluffy homemade pancakes that are loaded with chocolate chips perfect when you are craving something sweet for breakfast! These Chocolate Chip Pancakes start with my easy pancake batter with pantry staples that is famous. Then we add in a few chocolate chips which is great if you have a sweet tooth! My kids love getting these for breakfast. Top with syrup, strawberries, or whipped cream!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Can we take a moment and just gaze and the deliciousness of the photos? I tell you my World Famous Pancake Mix is something to behold! And it just got a little sweeter with the addition of chocolate chips! Of course, you can serve this alongside Cheesy Ham Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole and some Oven Baked Bacon. Complete the meal with a Tropical Mimosa? Oh yes, I’m liking this menu!
I live in Minnesota, it’s January, I need all the tropical thoughts I can get! Also, I might need all the carbs, too. 😉
But let’s get back to these pancakes!
I love them, the hubs loves them and the kids are absolutely over-the-moon for these pancakes!
I bet I can even tear them away from Saturday morning cartoons for a plate of these light fluffy pancakes, dripping with butter and topped with a handful of raspberries! Finishing off this short stack with a healthy drizzle of syrup and a dollop of whipped cream?
Heaven – yes, most certainly heaven!
Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
Every time I made my famous Easy Pancakes for the family my oldest daughter would beg for me to add chocolate chips in them. I, of course, did it for her because sometimes a little more sugar is called for!
After a while I decided I should probably try this version too and see what her fuss was about.
WOW! I didn’t really think they could be that good!
Then I decided to share these Chocolate Chip Pancakes with YOU!
How do I know the griddle or fry pan is ready for the pancakes?
First things first! The perfect pancakes start with a pan at the right temperature. My best trick is to flick just a bit of water on the grill. If it immediately sizzles, then I’ll start with a small test pancake.
Drop about a tablespoon of batter on to the buttered surface, give it a minute. When you flip it, it should be golden brown. If it’s still blond (undercooked) or burnt around the edges (overcooked) adjust your heat in the pan accordingly.
How do I know when pancakes are ready to flip?
Bubbles will form and burst on the pancakes when they are ready to flip. Just be patient after adding the batter to the grill, it will happen! Don’t flip them before the bubbles come to the surface and burst or they will be undercooked and heavy, instead of light and fluffy!
How do I keep pancakes warm?
Let’s say you’re cooking up a whole bunch of pancakes, but your griddle is only so big. How do you keep them warm so everyone can sit down for breakfast at the same time?
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Lay finished pancakes on a baking sheet. Don’t cover them with foil or they will become limp.
Grocery list for Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Can I just add chocolate chips to pancake mix? Well, I suppose you could, but I know once you try my pancake mix base, you’ll never buy the store-bought mix again!
How do you add chocolate chips to pancakes?
Wait to add the chocolate chips to the batter until you’ve poured it on the grill – then simply add a small handful of chips to each pancake. If you add them to the batter they will have a tendency to sink to the bottom and won’t be well distributed.
How to make Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl
- In a second bowl whisk the egg until light. Add 1 c. milk and melted butter to bowl and combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until moistened.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Melt about 1/2 Tbsp butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup batter on the skillet making 3-4 pancakes. Top with a few chocolate chips.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top. Flip and brown the other side.
More delicious pancake recipes to make and enjoy!
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- The BEST Blueberry Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe
- Zucchini Bread Pancakes
- The BEST Buttermilk Pancakes
Love these pancakes? Tell your friends, please share the recipe and leave a five-star comment below! Tag me on Instagram stories when you make these at @julieseatsandtreats.com!!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THESE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- additional butter for greasing pan about 3 Tbsp
- Combine dry ingredients and sift in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat egg until light. Add 1 c. milk and melted butter to bowl. Stir.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until moistened. At this point if it is to thick add the remaining 1/4 c. of milk to the batter a little at a time until you reach the consistency you want.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Melt about 1/2 Tbsp butter in a large non-stick skillet. Ladle the batter (about 1/4 c. batter) into the skillet making 3-4 pancakes. Top with a few chocolate chips. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top. Flip and brown the other side.
- Wipe out any excess butter with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter.