Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham ~ Savory Ham with a Brown Sugar Glaze and Pineapple Slow Cooked and Waiting for You When You Get Home!
Fall is nearing and it’s time to pull those Crock Pots out if you stuck them away to gather dust this summer!
Or are you like me and never put it away? I use the Crock Pot all year around. It literally saves me on busy days because no matter how busy I am the rest of the family still feels the need to be fed! What is with that?!
There is nothing better to me than knowing when I come home from work that I just need to throw a few things together and supper is ready. I’m talking like set the table and warm up some veggies. Super simple and easy. When I get done with work the last thing I want to do is slave over the oven for another hour. Who’s with me on this?
Yup. You know you are. Raise your hand. There is nothing wrong with feeling like that. We are busy woman and sometimes simplicity is what we need.
When easy meals are as amazing as this Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham no one around your dinner table will be complaining no matter how easy it is to make! Literally it has three ingredients. Who’s going to turn their nose up at that? Not me my friend!
As fall nears and the temperatures are cooling down, grab your Crock Pot and make your family this comforting Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham!
Crock Pot Pineapple Ham
- 2 c. Brown Sugar divided
- 7-8 lb Bone In Spiral Ham
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits
- Sprinkle 1 c. of the brown sugar in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Place ham on top of brown sugar. Pour pineapple tidbits over the top of ham. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Cook on low 2-3 hours or high 1-2 hours.
- Any ham will work for this recipe, but we like the spiral ham so the juices can get right into the ham to give it so much flavor. If you use a bone-in ham you could score it for the same effect.
- When you pour the pineapple on top, pull the slices apart so it can get into the ham giving it so much flavor.
- Make sure to use a 6-8 quart crock pot because this is a large cut of ham.
- If you use a 6 quart crock pot we recommend trying to find a ham on the smaller side like 6-8 lbs because it will be a tight fight.
- You can substitute the canned pineapple with fresh pineapple if you'd like.
- If you'd like to brown the ham more after cooking it in the slow cooker, place it in in a baking pan and broil for 5-10 minutes in oven.
- You will need about 3/4 lb of bone-in ham per person that you are serving. I always round up to 1 lb of ham per person to be on the safe side, remember to adjust if you have a lot of kids, they typically eat less. Plus, I love leftover ham to make ham salad and our favorite Ham & Penne Pasta!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3-4 days.
- To reheat slices of ham, place on pan, cover with foil and warm it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.