Crock Pot Spanish Chicken ~ Delicious chicken loaded with flavorful spices and veggies. This slow cooker meal is perfect for those busy nights!
Can someone please press the pause button? This thing we call life is going way to fast and I don’t know how to slow it down. I feel like the kids just got out of school and now we’re starting school in a matter of days. I’m not sure about you guys, but getting back on routine kicks my butt and takes me a good couple of weeks. When this time of year comes around I know that I need some quick, easy dinner recipes.
That’s where my slow cooker comes in. I can honestly tell you that I’m not a huge I wasn’t a huge fan of my slow cooker. I think the meals I used to make back in the day were bland boring recipes because I never liked how anything tasted. Well…I can’t say that any more.
This particular Spanish Chicken Recipe is by far one of my all time favorites and it’s perfect for those busy nights. Or nights you just don’t want to cook because your exhausted from doing a million things that day. 😉
You throw most of the ingredients into your slow cooker, set it on low for 6-8 hours and walk away. Once you get ready to eat, throw in the white beans, corn and cilantro. I serve this recipe over white rice, but you could serve it over anything you want. You could pair it with mashed potatoes, fresh veggies or with some tortillas. You really can’t go wrong either way.
If you’re starting school soon good luck this school year! And if you don’t have kids get ready for the roads and stores to be crazy again. Then it’s time to move onto Fall recipes. Yippee!! But I promised myself no talking or making fall recipes until after school starts, so let’s just enjoy this Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken today! Hope you all like it as much as we do!
Crock Pot Spanish Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3-4 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 large red and green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10 oz can rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- salt and pepper to your taste
- red chili pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Add chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over both sides of chicken. Add remaining six ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you notice the liquid is too thin for your liking, add 3 teaspoons of cold water, 3 teaspoons of corn starch to a glass and mix until no lumps remain. Add mixture to slow cooker before time is up and let cook for 15 -30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from slow cooker, shred and return to slow cooker. Then add in the white beans, corn and cilantro. Mix well and let sit until corn is warmed.
- Serve over cooked rice. Enjoy!
Connect with Cyndi here!