Crock Pot White Chicken Chili ~ Loaded with White Beans, Cheese, Cayenne Pepper and Green Chilies to give it a KICK!
So the story goes like this…
I’ve been meaning to make a White Chicken Chili since about well, 5 years ago. I hang my head in shame. My cousin made it for Christmas one year and I had never had it before and it was simply amazing. I failed to get the recipe and have been toying with the idea of it every since that fateful Christmas.
Yet I was a little bit nervous to say the least. I mean what if it didn’t live up to that soup I had played up in my head for so long? Could I really deal with the dissapoint from it? Would I be crushed if it wasn’t as good? Could I try again if I failed the first time?
You see my trouble. The life of a food blogger is sometimes rough. It can be defeating as you toss out one recipe after another because it’s an epic fail. Then thankfully you’ll get on a roll of successes just when you couldn’t take any more failures or your self-esteem sure couldn’t. Rough isn’t it?
I love the fact that people have an amazing recipe and they’ll share it with me! It cuts way down on my failure rate and my self esteem is definitely way higher so I’m a happier person. So if any of you have some family recipes you want to share hit me up! I’d love to try them!
This yummy White Chicken Chili recipes simmers all day on low in your Crock Pot so you can go have fun or go to work like the rest of us. When you come home you have supper ready! Rock on right? I love that fact that it has the green chilies and cayenne pepper in it to give it a kick! Grab a bowl of this to warm you up on a cold winter night!
More great chili recipes!
- My Famous Crockpot Chili Recipe!
- Crock Pot Hearty Chili Mac
- Light Crock Pot Spicy Turkey Chili Recipe
Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
White Chicken Chili
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cans Great White Northern Beans 15 oz each, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans chopped green chiles 4 oz each
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 oz sour cream
- fresh lime juice
- cilantro chopped
- avocado diced
- jalapenos diced
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add the rest of ingredients except sour cream and cheese together. Cook on high for 4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes remove the chicken from crock pot and shred with two forks. Add the chicken, sour cream and cheddar cheese back into the crock pot. Cook for remaining 30 minutes, stir to incorporate.
Looking for more Hearty Soups?
Cream Cheese Ham & Potato Soup ~ Easy Crock Pot Soup loaded with ham and potatoes!
Famous Chili ~ Amazing chili to warm up to on a cold winter’s day!
Cheeseburger Soup ~ Loaded with potatoes, hamburger, cheese and sour cream! Easy meal to warm you up!