Learn how to make a Frozen Hot Chocolate at home! This is such an easy treat perfect for a hot summer day. With only four ingredients it doesn’t get easier than this!
This easy frozen hot chocolate recipe is the perfect cold and creamy beverage. It really just hits the spot! Making frozen hot cocoa is so simple and it always turns out delicious. Sure, frozen hot chocolate may sound like an oxymoron but it’s a really popular beverage!
If you’re looking for more creamy cold drink recipes, I have more where this one came from! My berry smoothie is a great on-the-go breakfast and root beer floats are a classic drink that everyone will love.
Now, if it’s winter time and you’ve stumbled on this recipe, I have plenty of cozy drinks to keep you warm too! Whipped hot chocolate is a favorite in our family, it’s a fun twist on regular cocoa. But promise me you’ll give this frozen hot cocoa recipe a shot too! You’re going to love how creamy and rich it is.
Why You’ll Love Frozen Hot Chocolate
- It only takes 5 minutes to mix up! A perfect refreshing drink in no time!
- This tasty recipe is easy to customize and make into anything you want. Add toppings, different syrups and flavors, and make this mixture the perfect drink for you.
- It’s a refreshing summer drink and the perfect seasonal drink for hot climates! If winter isn’t cold where you live, this is a way for you to enjoy the delicious flavor of hot cocoa.
Ingredients for Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Milk – Whole milk will give the most thick and creamy results. But you can also use 1% milk or 2% milk if you prefer.
- Chocolate syrup – Use your favorite chocolate syrup to make it extra chocolatey. It’s my secret ingredient to making this recipe taste absolutely perfect!
- Hot chocolate mix – You can either use a packet or measure out the amount of mix you need from my easy homemade hot chocolate mix recipe.
- Vanilla extract – If you’ve never tried vanilla extract in your hot cocoa, you’re missing out! A little splash is the perfect addition to the rich chocolatey flavor.
- Ice cubes – Ice cubes are all you need to turn a classic hot chocolate drink into a delicious frozen beverage!
How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Add ice cubes, whole milk, hot chocolate mix, vanilla extract and chocolate syrup into a high-powered blender.
- Blend the mixture together until smooth. There will likely be some ice chunks left here and there, but that’s ok!
- Next, drizzle additional chocolate syrup around the inside of the glass.
- Then, pour the frozen hot chocolate into the glass.
- Lastly, top with fresh homemade whipped cream and chocolate curls. You can make chocolate curls by using a knife or potato peeler on a bar of chocolate.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
How to Store Leftover Frozen Hot Chocolate
Yes, you can freeze leftovers of this recipe! Place any leftover beverage into an air tight container and store in the freezer for up to a month. When you’re ready to drink it, just pop it into the blender! You can add some extra milk if the mixture is too thick.
Can I use a food processor to make this frozen hot chocolate recipe?
High powered blenders are the best option to use when you are making a recipe that has ice cubes in it. However, you can absolutely use a food processor in a pinch. The ice may not blend as finely, but it will still be yummy!
What does frozen hot chocolate taste like?
Frozen hot cocoa tastes a bit like a chocolate smoothie, but it’s not as thick. It really is an icy frozen version of hot chocolate. The texture is super creamy and the taste can be as rich as you want to make it!
- Add toppings like marshmallows and sprinkles on top of the whipped cream for extra yummy flavor and fun!
- To ensure all of the ice gets blended, stop and shake the blender or stir the mixture with a silicone spatula periodically.
- You can add different syrups, like caramel syrup, to the glasses before pouring the frozen hot chocolate into each one.
Enjoy all of the perfect flavors of hot cocoa during the warm summer months with this yummy frozen hot chocolate recipe!
More Drink Recipes You’ll Love
- Need a boozy beverage for your taco Tuesday and need to save on calories? Then check out my easy recipe for a tasty Skinny Margarita.
- Do you love white chocolate? Then you are definitely going to fall head over heels for this insanely creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate recipe. It’s a great drink for the holiday season and even perfect for parties!
- Lemonade is already delicious, but give a little spike and it’s extra fun. This Whiskey Lemonade has a wonderful flavor to it. Make a glass and enjoy it while you sit by the pool!
- Skip the long drive-thru lines and expensive coffee bill and make a Java Chip Frappuccino right in your own kitchen. It’s easy and tastes just like what you’d get from a restaurant!
- In a blend combine ice, milk, hot chocolate mix, vanilla extract and chocolate syrup.
- Blend until mostly smooth.
- Drizzle additional chocolate syrup around inside of glass
- Then pour frozen hot chocolate mixture into the glass, top with whipped cream and chocolate curls.