Garlic and Herb Penne Pasta Recipe ~ Quick, Easy, Delicious Pasta Dinner Ready in 20 Minutes! Loaded with Garlic, Tomato and Cheese!
It’s crazy how summer has come and is almost gone, but one staple ingredient that reigns supreme whether it’s spring, summer, fall, or even winter is: pasta. I love how versatile pasta is! In its many shapes and sizes, you can cook enough for you alone, or to feed your entire family, plus tons of leftovers. I chose to share this Garlic and Herb Penne Pasta because it has a special place in my new house and life.
I just recently got married at the beginning of July, and we are still adjusting to packing away all our belongings while also carrying on with day to day life. One day, after a long day of work and wanting to have a really quick dinner, I whipped this pasta up with just a few basic ingredients you probably already have at home. I have made this pasta over and over in the short period of time since we have been married and needless to say, it has saved dinner many times!
In just 20 short minutes, you’ll have this creamy, super flavorful, rich with herbs and absolutely delicious pasta ready to serve and eat. I love that you can prepare the other ingredients while the pasta is boiling, and then just add the pasta in afterwards. Garlic is one of my favorite ingredients, and definitely my favorite seasoning, so adding it to this recipe with a no-brainer. I loved the combination of typical Italian seasonings for the herbs, and of course, mozzarella cheese to add to the creaminess of the pasta. I found that when I added even more pasta than in this recipe, it still stretched, which is great if you need to make leftovers or have surprise company coming over.
I hope you enjoy this easy, family-friendly, and delicious pasta and store it away whenever you need to make a quick pasta that is bound to please your crowd. It’s a great idea for a sit-down family dinner before summer is over, and will go perfectly over into the back to school season, especially as leftovers!
If you love this easy pasta recipe you might like my Shrimp Pasta with Grilled Tomatoes, too!
Garlic and Herb Penne Pasta
- 2 cups penne pasta uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 small tomato diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning I like to use a fresh mix of oregano, parsley, basil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare pasta as per instructions on the box in a large pot of salty water. Drain pasta.
- While pasta is boiling, heat olive oil, and add in onion, and tomato and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and lower heat to medium low, mixing together for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, stir into the ingredients, and cook for one minute. Stir in the milk, whisking will stirring in so it doesn't clump, and the Italian seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir occasionally for about 3-4 more minutes. This will allow the sauce to thicken. If it's too thick, add more milk. If it isn't thick enough, add a little bit more flour.
- Add the hot, drained pasta and the mozzarella cheese and stir until it's all mixed together.
- Remove from the heat so that it doesn't become too thick, and serve. Enjoy!
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Connect with Jessica Here!