A quick and easy dinner that’s ready in 20 minutes! This Garlic Shrimp Tortellini has cheese tortellini, peas and shrimp that’s tossed in a light garlic sauce. It’s a delicious dinner that tastes as good as a dinner at a restaurant and is so easy to make!
Garlic shrimp pasta is a quick 20-minute dinner that you’re going to love!
This meal is in heavy rotation at our house – the flavors are so good, it’s so simple to make, and my family devours it every time I make it. If you love shrimp and pasta, you need to add this recipe to your list!
Why this Recipe Works
- There’s no butter in this dish! I like to make a sauce with olive oil, herbs, and garlic – it’s light, flavorful, and delicious.
- You only need pantry ingredients plus a few frozen ones to make it – you can use fresh shrimp or stock up on frozen uncooked shrimp. That way, you can always have the ingredients on hand.
- It takes 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook. Dinner is on the table in 20 minutes! It’s a great weeknight meal.
Add some breadsticks or a green salad on the side for dinner your family is going to love. This easy shrimp pasta is better than any restaurant!
Shrimp: I always have frozen uncooked ones on hand because it’s super convenient. It’s already peeled and deveined, so all you have to do is thaw it before making the recipe.
Peas: You can use frozen peas for this recipe – they add a pop of color and a touch of sweetness that perfectly pairs with the garlic sauce. If you don’t like peas, just omit them.
Seasonings: Minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper give the shrimp pasta a ton of flavor.
Olive oil: You only need two tablespoons, and it’s plenty to make a light sauce. The shrimp have a delicate flavor, and a heavy sauce would just overwhelm them – the garlic and herb olive oil sauce is just perfect.
Make this Recipe in 3 Easy Steps!
Pasta and Peas: Cook the tortellini following the package instructions. Add the peas five minutes before it’s done to cook them and then drain.
Sauce and Shrimp: While the tortellini cooks, make the sauce by heating the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook them for two minutes. Add the garlic and cook it with the shrimp until they are pink and cooked.
Bring it all together! Add the pasta and peas to the skillet and stir in the seasonings. Once everything is evenly coated in the sauce, it’s ready to serve.
If you use frozen shrimp be sure to thaw them. You can do this overnight in the fridge, or submerge them in a bowl of ice water for about 30 minutes before cooking them. It’s also a good idea to pat them dry before cooking.
Don’t like tortellini? You can swap it for a short pasta like penne, orecchiette, or cavatappi. Or, try spaghetti or linguini.
Add a garnish! If you have fresh herbs on hand like parsley or basil, chop it up and sprinkle it over the top before serving. You can also squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top, too.
I think this garlic shrimp pasta tastes best when it’s made. It will keep in the fridge, but it can dry out since the tortellini will absorb the sauce. To revive it, just add a little olive oil or lemon juice (or a little of both) when you reheat it.
It’s simple but don’t let that fool you – this garlic shrimp tortellini is so delicious. It tastes like it’s from a restaurant! If you love garlic shrimp and pasta this is the dinner to make – I know you will love it.
More Shrimp Dishes
- Learn how to make a Shrimp Boil with corn on the cob, sausage, shrimp, and potatoes. It only takes about 30 minutes and is always a hit.
- Grilled Shrimp with Tomatoes is a light and delicious dinner with fresh flavors. It’s another easy 30-minute dinner.
- One of my favorite recipes is Shrimp Enchiladas. It has a creamy sauce and is so easy to make!
- Hawaiian Shrimp is an easy air fryer recipe that has ham, pineapple, and BBQ sauce for a tropical dinner!
- Perfectly seasoned Air Fryer Shrimp take less then 10 minutes for an easy, healthy dinner recipe full of flavor.
- Try these delicious, tender and juicy Air Fryer Steak Bites tossed in a garlic butter.
- This Shrimp Scampi is restaurant quality that you can serve on a busy weeknight because it’s so easy to make.
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love if you would rate it!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
- 19 oz frozen cheese tortellini thawed
- 1 1/2 c. peas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. During the last 5 minutes of cooking add peas. Drain.
- While Tortellini is cooking heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic to mixture and cook another 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add tortellini mixture to skillet and stir in seasonings. Toss to coat.
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home