No-Bake Halloween Bark is a quick and easy Halloween treat that anyone can make. A layer of melted chocolate topped with Halloween sprinkles, pretzels, mini Oreos, candy eyes and Reese’s pieces. Everyone will be trying to grab the last piece at your Halloween parties.
Candy bark recipes are popular around pretty much every holiday. I can see why! It’s really easy to theme them to the holiday and make your dessert table super festive. Not to mention, it’s great to give out as a gift. We make peppermint bark every Christmas and red, white and blue bark on the 4th of July. Now, we make this Halloween bark every October!
I’ve been known to make this Halloween candy bark for the kid’s class parties, our family Halloween parties, and to hand out to friends and family. It’s just so silly, cute, and totally delicious! Who wouldn’t want to eat a big ol’ hunk of chocolate with tasty toppings. Seems like chocolate bark would be a dessert everyone would love.
Why You’ll Love this Halloween Bark Recipe
- You can make a big batch of it in less than 15 minutes. So if you forgot to bake a dessert for that big party, this recipe is to the rescue!
- This chocolate bark recipe is very adaptable. Make it with any toppings you want and adapt it to your preferences.
- Festive and cute, this dessert is not only edible but is a great way to make your dessert table look festive! Who needs decorations when the food is the decor?
Ingredients for Halloween Bark
- Chocolate candy wafers – Chocolate candy wafter, or melting chocolate, is the base for halloween bark. Don’t use chocolate chips or regular chocolate, it won’t melt as well as the wafers will!
- Pretzel sticks – The salty and sweet combination that everyone knows and loves.
- Reese’s pieces – Not only are Reese’s pieces Halloween colors, but the peanut butter chocolate flavor goes so well with everything!
- Halloween sprinkles – Festive, spooky, and fun! Use some Halloween sprinkles to decorate the chocolate bark.
- Mini Oreo cookies – Mini Oreos add a crunchy sweet element to this super fun Halloween candy bark.
How to Make Halloween Bark
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, then set it aside.
- Melt the chocolate wafter in a microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Then stir the wafers and continue melting in 15 second intervals.
- Once creamy and smooth, pour the melted candy onto the previously prepared baking sheet. Smooth out the chocolate to ¼ inch thickness using a silicone spatula.
- Then layer pretzels, cookies, and Reese’s pieces on top. Gently press into the melted chocolate and then add the Halloween sprinkles. At this step, be sure to place each candy eyeball individually so that it faces the right direction.
- Place the chocolate bark in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, or until set.
- Use a sharp knife to cut pieces, or break the bark apart.
- Serve immediately or store for later.
How to Store Halloween Chocolate Bark
Store in an airtight container, in a cool and dry place, for up to a week.
FRIDGE: Store in an airtight container and the bark will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks!
If you plan to wrap this up as a gift, I would recommend giving it out within a few days time so that it doesn’t go bad before the recipient has a chance to eat it.
Can I use white melting chocolate for Halloween bark?
White chocolate melting wafers would absolutely work for this Halloween candy bark recipe. It would make it a bit more rich, but so maybe add a few more salty pretzels to balance out the sweetness. Melt it the same way you’d melt the milk chocolate wafers.
What can I add to Halloween bark?
- Graham cracker pieces and marshmallows would make it taste a bit like s’mores bark.
- You can also swap out the Reese’s pieces for Halloween M&Ms.
- Add candy corn and candy corn pumpkins for another festive flair on top of this Halloween bark.
- To make the bark look like there is a spider web over the top, drizzle white chocolate over the top in thin lines and a haphazard form!
- Don’t spread the chocolate too thin on the parchment paper. You’ll want the bark to be thick enough to hold all of the toppings.
- Make sure not to overheat the melting wafers. Start with 30 seconds in the microwave and only do 10-15 second increments after. Stir well in between.
- Giving this out as a gift? Grab some spooky Halloween themed cellophane bags and tie a fun ribbon around the bag!
This spooky sweet treat is perfect for the Halloween season! Make a big batch and munch on it, give it to friends, or display it on the spookiest platter for your party.
More Halloween Recipes You’ll Love
- Dracula Dentures are super easy to make and oh so fun to look at! Plus, they’re extra delicious.
- Skip the super expensive bakery cookies and make your very own Halloween Sugar Cookies with this great recipe.
- Need more spooky desserts? These Ghost Cupcakes are a great way to jazz up simple boxed cake mix.
- These Monster Oreo Pops are just plain adorable and taste so yummy!
- 12 ounces chocolate candy wafers
- 12-15 pretzel sticks
- ¼ cup mini Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons Reese’s Pieces candies
- 2 tablespoons Halloween sprinkles with eyes
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate wafers for 30 seconds, stir, then continue melting in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate onto prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Smooth chocolate out with a spoon to ¼ inch thickness.
- Layer pretzels, cookies, and candies, pressing gently into chocolate and add sprinkles the place eyes individually.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes. Cut or break into pieces.