Cold winter nights got you down? Make this delicious Crock Pot Chili Mac! The chili is slow cooked all day long and then the pasta is added at the end to finish off the recipe. It’s a great weeknight dinner night without much fuss that the entire family will enjoy.
We love making chili in our crock pot because the flavors are so amazing from simmering all day long, but the kids love pasta for dinner every night of the week. That’s why this Crock Pot Chili Mac is the best of both worlds.
A base of chili that you add pasta to at the end of it’s cooking time. A heart and delicious dinner perfect for the weeknight when this are crazy busy!
Why this recipe works!
- Simmers all day in your slow cooker for amazing flavor. All you have to do is add the pasta when you come home!
- Prep it the night ahead then just turn it on in the morning to let it cook for an easy dinner.
- Hearty, thick and filling for a comforting dinner that’s easy during the week!
- Ground Beef – Use a lean ground beef so there’s not a lot of extra grease. No matter what ground beef you use make sure to drain off any excess grease after browning the hamburger. You can also use ground turkey or a mix of ground beef and ground Italian sausage to mix up the flavor combos.
- Onion – A quick tip is to always have frozen diced onions in the freezer so you don’t have to chop the onions!
- Tomato juice
- Diced tomatoes – If you have picky eaters use a petite diced tomato to sneak them by!
- Celery ribs
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder – Feel free to adjust this. This is a mild chili if you want it to have more of a kick add more chili powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepared yellow mustard
- Kidney beans – You could also use chili beans, but do not rinse these. It will add a bit more spice to your chili because of the sauce.
- Elbow macaroni – Any short pasta should work if you don’t have elbow macaroni
Steps to Prepare
- Brown Hamburger – Over medium heat, cook beef and diced onion, drain
- Mix – Add to the slow cooker. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the pasta
- Slow Cook – Cook on low 6-8 hours
- Add Pasta – One hour before the dish is done add the pasta and cook for an additional hour
Set out your favorite toppings when you make this so everyone can add their special touch to their bowl of chili mac. This is a great idea if you are hosting a chili bar too.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Corn Chips
- Green Onion
- Cottage cheese
Make it a Meal!
- The easiest way to round out this meal is to toss together a salad or buy a salad kid at the store.
- Roasted Vegetables are another way I like finish off this meal.
- You can never go wrong with these quick and easy Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
Love this? I knew you would! Be sure and leave a five-star rating below!
And if you get a chance to snap a photo, be sure and tag me at @julieseatsandtreats on Instagram or just use a hashtag – #julieseatsandtreats. Enjoy!!!
Crock Pot Chili Mac
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 46 oz tomato juicecan (1 can)
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 16 oz kidney beans rinsed and drained (1 can)
- 1 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
- Cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Place in slow cooker. Stir in the tomato juice, tomatoes, celery, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, mustard, pepper and kidney beans.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- One hour before the dish is done add pasta and let cook for the last hour.