Cheddar Bay Biscuits are quick and easy drop biscuits that are just like your favorite Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits! This quick and easy drop biscuits is so much easier to make than the usual rolled and cut biscuits, yet they are just as good. So light and fluffy with tons of garlic and cheddar in them. Simply mix up the batter, drop onto your baking sheet and bake. The perfect quick and easy side dish recipe for your meal!
PIN IT HERE!
Cheddar Bay Biscuits just like Red Lobster’s!
Who are my Red Lobster fans? Tell the truth – you love to go there because of the cheddar bay biscuits, right? I know, me too! Those cheesy biscuits are so, so good I had to try making a homemade version so I wouldn’t have to go to Red Lobster every time I was craving one. And not to brag, but I think I’ve nailed it! These homemade biscuits are light and tender with just the right amount of cheese and garlic.
Make Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Home!
I don’t know about you, but hauling the whole family out to a restaurant can be a little stressful sometimes so if I can recreate some of our favorite dishes at home I am all about it! These homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuits are so good your family might think you stopped to pick some up from Red Lobster, but your secret is safe with me – I won’t tell!
The best part about these biscuits is how delicious they are, but the second-best thing about them is that they are so easy to make. You only need six ingredients and 10 minutes to make the dough. They are drop biscuits which means you don’t have to roll out the dough and cut out the biscuits!
Just drop the dough on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven. They smell heavenly while they bake and taste amazing. I know you’re going to love these copycat cheddar bay biscuits!
What ingredients do I need to make Cheddar Bay Biscuits?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy Cheddar Bay Biscuit recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- baking mix (like Bisquick)
- cheddar cheese
How do I make Cheddar Bay Biscuits?
- Preheat – your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix – half of the garlic, all of the baking mix and cheddar cheese together in a bowl. Add the milk and mix until combined.
- Drop – the dough by the spoonful onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes. While they’re baking, melt the butter in a skillet and sautee the rest of the garlic in it for about a minute. Remove it from the heat and add the parsley.
- Brush – the tops of the biscuits with the garlic butter and bake the biscuits for another five minutes.
What tools do I need to make easy Cheddar Biscuits?
I’m guessing you have all these tools in your kitchen, but for easy reference this is what you need to make these easy drop biscuits!
Tips for Making the BEST Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
If you have additional questions please make sure to comment below and we will do our best to answer them!
Do I need a rolling pin to make biscuits?
Not for these Cheddar Bay Biscuits! These are drop biscuits which are one of the easiest biscuits to make. Instead of rolling out the dough, all you have to do is drop it by the spoonful onto your baking sheet. That’s it!
What is Bisquick?
Bisquick is a baking mix that has flour, baking soda, shortening, and salt.
Why are my biscuits tough?
If your biscuits are tough instead of tender you probably overmixed the dough. Overmixing the dough develops the gluten in the flour which causes your biscuits to be tough. Once you add the flour mix it just long enough so it disappears into the dough.
How do I store leftover cheddar biscuits?
Stored in an airtight container, homemade biscuits will keep for one to two days at room temperature. Or, you can tightly wrap them and they will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also freeze biscuits for two to three months as long as they are tightly wrapped.
Can you reheat cheddar bay biscuits?
Yes, you can reheat homemade biscuits!
- microwave: wrap the biscuits in a paper towel and warm them for 30 to 40 seconds.
- oven: preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are warmed through.
Your family is going to love these cheesy biscuits – they are the perfect side dish for any dinner! Need some dinner ideas? Check out some of our favorite dinner recipes or try some of my other savory bread and biscuit recipes if you’re in a baking mood!
What do I serve with Cheddar Bay Biscuits?
Here are a few of our favorite quick and easy dinner recipes that pair great with these biscuits!
- The BEST Homemade Lasagna
- Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups
- Crock Pot Spaghetti
- Sheet Pan Garlic Shrimp
- Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
More quick bread and biscuit recipes!
Love quick and easy breads? I know I do! These are my go-to recipes for quick bread recipes!
Love it? I knew you would! Rate it, please!! It would be awesome if you’d give it a five-star rating below!
If you snap any photos, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!
Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 4 garlic cloves minced, divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 c. all purpose baking mix we use Bisquick
- 1 c. shredded cheddar Cheese
- 2/3 c. milk cold
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine biscuit mix, cheddar cheese and 2 cloves garlic. Stir in milk and mix.
- Drop batter by heaping spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Should make about 12 biscuits. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt butter in frying pan and add the rest of the garlic and saute on low heat about one minute. Remove from heat and add parsley. Brush biscuits with melted butter mixture and bake five minutes longer or until gold brown on bottom.