Pressure Cooker Potato Salad is incredible! I will never make Potato Salad another way, it’s so easy and delicious. Instant Pot Potato Salad that takes all the headache out of the process!
Instant Pot Potato Salad
Potato Salad is a labor of love right? Peeling potatoes, boiling on the stove, boiling the eggs, etc… Did you know using the Instant Pot (<—- I freakin’ adore that thing), you can cut that time in half? How great does that sound?!!! This delicious, quick, easy potato salad in the pressure cooker is just as amazing as making it the old fashioned way, but like fifty million times easier!
A cookout is never complete without a big bowl of potato salad and this is the old fashioned classic potato salad recipe. What makes it even better is both the potatoes and eggs are cooked right in the pressure cooker!
Now if you aren’t into the old fashioned potato salad and are looking for a more modern flavor for potato salad check out this Roasted Red Pepper Potato Salad!
The first thing you’re going to need is a steamer basket. I got one for my wedding as a gift approximately 8 years ago and I think I had to dust it off before I used it, but I was so glad to have gotten it! You just never know when your kitchen hoarding abilities will be an amazing thing 😉
What is a pressure cooker steamer basket?
It’s a stainless steel basket that fits right into the cooking vessel of your Instant Pot. They aren’t that expensive and this is definitely something you’ll want to get because you’ll use it over and over again.
Pressure Cooker Potato Salad
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal during the summer that won’t heat up your house make sure to pair this potato salad recipe with my favorite Crock Pot Ham Cheese Sandwiches!
They are great for entertaining because it makes a big batch and all the work is done ahead of time!
How long do you cook potatoes in the pressure cooker?
Add the potatoes, set to manual pressure, high pressure for just four minutes. The real time saver is you can cook the eggs right along with the potatoes, saving time and dishes at the end of the day!
Pop the eggs in cold water after they are cooked and let them cool while your potatoes cool. So easy!
Ingredients Needed for Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Red potatoes
- Yellow mustard
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
Allow your potatoes and eggs to cool completely before mixing with the salad dressing. When the potatoes are hot (or even warm) the will absorb a ton more dressing. If the potatoes are too warm, it can actually melt the mayonnaise causing the oil to separate. No thank you!
How to make Pressure Cooker Potato Salad
- Start with the steamer basket in the pressure cooker pot.
- Add the water, potatoes and place the eggs on top of potatoes.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and lock into place. Select high pressure and set to 4 minutes. When done quick release.
- Remove the lid when the pressure is released. Remove the steamer basket from the pressure cooker.
- Gently place eggs in cold water. Allow potatoes to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise and spices. Add cooled potatoes and gently mixed until potatoes are covered in mayonnaise mixture.
- Peel and dice three eggs. Gently mix into the potato salad.
- Chill pressure cooker potato salad, garnish with slices of remaining hard boiled egg.
I love everything about this creamy potato salad. The potatoes are fork tender and the eggs perfectly cooked! The dressing is creamy and flavorful. Using your Instant Pot makes it this so much easier! I can’t wait until you try this, I know you’ll love this Pressure Cooker Potato Salad!
Find more of my favorite potato recipes here!
p.s. if you accidentally boil up too many eggs, be sure to try my recipe for Deviled Egg Salad Sandwich!!
If you make this at home be sure to use the #julieseatsandtreats or tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats
Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 3 c. red potatoes peeled and cubed into 1'' pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Put steamer basket in the pressure cooker pot. Add the water, potatoes and place the eggs on top of potatoes. Place lid on pressure cooker and lock into place. Select high pressure and set to 4 minutes.
- When the four minutes is done, quick release pressure. Remove the lid when the pressure is released. Remove the steamer basket from the pressure cooker. Gently place eggs in cold water. Allow potatoes to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Add cooled potatoes and gently mixed until potatoes are covered in mayonnaise mixture.
- Peel and dice three of the cooled eggs. Gently mix into the potato salad. Chill at least one hour before serving.
- Right before serving top with slices of remaining hard boiled egg.