Bite Sized Mini Pancake Cereal is crispy on the outside, soft in the inside and so fun to serve! Slather these little buttery pancakes in syrup, butter or milk!
Have you heard about mini pancakes cereal? The idea went viral on Tiktok, and it’s such a fun way to put a spin on pancakes! Little, tiny pancakes are served like cereal in a bowl. Add your favorite toppings, and you get a delicious breakfast treat!
You Will Love This Mini Pancakes Recipe
- I make the pancake batter from scratch but feel free to substitute your own favorite recipe, or you can use a pancake mix, too.
- I’m showing you how to pipe and cook little tiny pancakes that are crispy around the edges and light and fluffy on the inside.
- Making the batter is simple, and you can cook lots of mini pancakes at once in a skillet.
- Serve them in a bowl with butter and syrup and eat them with a spoon just like cereal!
The first time I made these, my kids LOVED them – they couldn’t get enough of their little pancakes in a bowl. If you want a fun weekend breakfast, you have to try them – add some scrambled eggs and bacon to make it a whole meal.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- White sugar
- Whisked egg
- Melted butter
How to Make Mini Pancakes
Mix Dry Ingredients: Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
Add the Wet Ingredients: Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the milk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
Pipe: Pour the batter into a piping bag, squeeze bottle, or ziplock bag with the corner snipped off. Squeeze small dots of batter onto a hot griddle greased with butter. The tiny pancakes should be about 1 cm wide.
Cook: Flip the pancakes over once bubbles form on the surface. Cook them on the other side for one to two minutes or until they are golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
How to Serve Mini Pancake Cereal
This recipe gets it name from how it’s served – in a bowl with a spoon like a bowl of cereal. So, pile the pancakes in a bowl and then add your favorite toppings:
- Keep it simple and classic with drizzles of warm maple syrup with a pat of butter.
- Swap the syrup for drizzles of blueberry sauce or strawberry sauce.
- Add some fresh fruit like berries or sliced bananas with some honey over the top.
- A sprinkle of chopped nuts like toasted almonds or walnuts would be great!
- Add a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
Get creative and do a mix of toppings to make your own personalized mini pancake cereal. There are a lot of options!
Pancake Batter: For the best pancakes, let the batter rest before you cook the pancakes. I like to make the batter and set it aside while I heat the griddle and prepare the piping bag.
Short-Cut Tip: There’s nothing like homemade pancakes, but if you want to cut the prep time, use a pancake mix instead. It will save a little time!
Piping Tip: I think the easiest way to pipe the batter is with a squeeze bottle. It’s worth having one or two because you can use them for other things like drizzling chocolate and sauces for different kinds of recipes.
Cooking Tip: You will probably need to cook the pancakes in batches, so keep the cooked ones on a sheet pan in a warm oven.
These little pancakes are so much fun! If you’ve been looking for a new way to serve pancakes you have to try mini pancake cereal!
More Fun Breakfast Ideas
- French Toast Sticks are a fun way to serve a classic breakfast dish as a dippable treat!
- Red Velvet Pancakes taste like the cake but in light and fluffy pancake form!
- Cheddar and Ham Quiche Cups are the perfect bite-sized breakfast dish.
- Ooey-gooey Mini Caramel Rolls made with crescent rolls are so quick and easy.
- Make the next birthday party a breakfast celebration with Funfetti Pancakes!
Have you tried this recipe and love it? Please share your rating! Seriously, a five-star rating will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg whisked
- ¾ c. milk
- 2 Tbsp butter melted (slightly cooled)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, powder, sugar and salt) in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mix. Add the milk, slightly cooled butter, egg and vanilla into the well. Whisk together until it is smooth and lump free.
- Let the pancake mix rest while you heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly grease skillet or griddle with non-stick spray or butter.
- Pour pancake batter into a condiment bottle, piping bag or gallon zip lock bag and snip the tip of one corner off at an angle.
- The skillet or griddle should be hot now. Squeeze small dots (½’’ or 1 cm) onto a hot skillet or griddle. When bubbles form on the top of the mini pancakes flip the pancakes over with a fork or small spatula. Cook 1-2 minutes or until the bottom side of pancakes are golden brown.
- Repeat steps until all batter is used. We recommend wiping out the pan or griddle with a paper towel in between batches and using fresh butter or non-stick spray.
- Serve with butter, syrup, honey, fruit or whatever you’d like!