Stock this dry Pancake Mix in your pantry so you can make light, fluffy homemade pancakes for breakfast anytime you want! Just combine a few pantry staples to make the base mix then add an egg, vanilla, milk and butter to make mouthwatering pancakes!
Pancakes are one of our favorite weekend breakfasts and we make them pretty often. The kids love them and it’s a great way to get everyone around the table for a big breakfast!
We make them so often I finally came up with a homemade pancake mix. This dry mix is so convenient – you can make a batch and keep it in the pantry. It cuts the work in half when it’s time to make a batch of pancakes!
You Will Love This Easy Mix!
- You only need four ingredients!
- Just whisk and store it in an airtight container. If it’s kept in a cool, dark place it can keep for several months.
- Make this pancake mix for gifts! I’m including a free printable that you can adhere to the container and give away.
- It makes the best pancakes! Fluffy and tender – you will love them!
How to Make Dry Pancake Mix
You only need four ingredients: All-purpose flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
Combine them in a bowl and then transfer the mix to an airtight container. I like to use a large jar with a tight-fitting lid.
The mix will make approximately 42 pancakes.
I’ve included a printable for the jar. It’s great if you’re giving it as a gift and includes the instructions for making the mix and instructions for making a batch of pancakes.
You can also use it for yourself – that way, you won’t forget how much mix to use and the amounts for the other ingredients. I hope you find it helpful! Don’t forget to print it – it’s linked right above the recipe card.
How to Make a Batch of Pancakes
Once you have your mix, it’s so easy to make a batch of pancakes! Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make a batch of six pancakes:
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted plus extra for greasing the pan
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Grease a griddle or nonstick pan with butter and heat it to medium heat.
Measure 1/4 cup of the batter to make each pancake. Cook them until bubbles start to form and pop on top. This will take about three to four minutes.
Flip them over and cook them on the other side for a couple of minutes or until golden brown.
Want to dress up your homemade pancakes? Try these ideas to give them a twist!
Blueberry Pancakes: Drop fresh blueberries on the surface of the batter when the pancake is cooking.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Or, sprinkle some dark, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips on the pancakes while they’re cooking.
Sprinkle Pancakes: For a fun treat, add some colorful sprinkles to the batter before you cook the pancakes.
Cinnamon Butter: For serving, swap regular butter for cinnamon butter and add some maple syrup!
Make a batch of this easy pancake mix soon – you will love how simple it is to make a batch of pancakes!
Don’t forget to print the label for the container!
More Breakfast Recipes
- Pumpkin French Toast is perfect for the fall season! It’s perfectly spiced and so delicious.
- Make a batch of Homemade Waffles for a special weekend breakfast! My recipe makes crisp on the outside and tender on the inside waffles that are impossible to resist!
- Caramel Sticky Buns are an easy recipe you can make in 30 minutes. They are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Love this recipe? Be sure and comment below and leave a 5-star rating! I know you’ll love this recipe as much as we do!
And if you’re like me and snap photos, be sure to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your delicious breakfast!!!
- 6 c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. baking powder
- ½ c. white sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
To Prepare Pancakes
- 1 c. pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ c. milk
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- Butter for greasing pan
- In a large bowl combine all the pancake mix. Store in a tightly sealed container in a dry place.
To Make Pancakes
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle or pan over medium to high heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine 1 c. of the pancake mix, egg, vanilla, milk and butter.
- Using a ¼ c. measuring cup pour batter into preheated and greased griddle or skillet on stovetop.
- When bubbles start to form on top of pancakes and have popped (3-4 minutes), flip over and cook on the other side until light golden about 1-2 minutes.