If you are looking for an easy, but cute Halloween treat then make these Monster Oreo Pops. They are a quick no-bake Halloween dessert that kids and adults will love. Plus, they make a great activity for Halloween parties!
Spooky, sweet, and silly…these monster Oreo pops are the perfect Halloween treat! There’s no baking required and the end result is the cutest little themed dessert. This recipe is just so easy, and my kids love to help out when I make these Oreo pops. They help at Christmas time when we make reindeer pops too!
Oreos are already one of the best cookies ever. Cover them in melting chocolate and make them a cute monster, well that’s just icing on the cake! Halloween sugar cookies and halloween snack mix are two of my go-to snacks to make for our spooky parties. But now I always make a batch of Oreo monster pops too!
These are cute enough to even be a centerpiece! So if you’re running short on food or decor, just whip up a batch of easy monster Oreos and you’ve solved all of your problems.
Why You’ll Love Monster Oreo Pops
- This recipe is a great homemade treat to hand out as party favors or gifts around Halloween.
- Since you don’t have to bake this recipe, you can reserve the oven space for other tasty snacks for your parties!
- You can prep this adorable sweet treat in just under half an hour. After they set, you can store them to serve later or pull them out of the fridge and serve immediately!
Ingredients for Monster Oreo Pops
- Double stuffed Oreos – Since double stuffed Oreos are a little thicker, they’re easier to dip in the melted chocolate and will look a little bit better as a pop.
- Crisco shortening – Using shortening in the melted wafers helps make it more smooth and thins it out so you can easily dip the Oreos.
- White chocolate melting wafers – You won’t need a whole lot of white chocolate for this recipe. It will act as a “glue” to hold the cake pop stick in the Oreo.
- Colored melting wafers – Choose whatever colors you want. I used purple, green, and orange in this recipe.
- Cake pop sticks – You can find these on the baking aisle of your local grocery store, or at your local hobby store.
- Colored jimmy sprinkles – Choose any colors you want! They can match the colored melting wafers or be different colors.
- Candy eyes – Candy eyes can be hard to find sometimes, but your local hobby store should have them. You can also purchase them online!
How to Make Monster Oreo Pops
- Grab a cake pop and gently poke a hole into the filling of each Oreo cookie. Make the hole about ½ inch deep and be careful not to break the wafer cookies on either side. Don’t leave the stick inside the filling at this step.
- Place the white chocolate melting wafers into a small microwaveable bowl and heat on 50% power for one minute. Stir the chocolate and then place it back into the microwave in 30 second intervals until it has fully melted.
- Dip the tip of each cake pop stick into the melted chocolate. Then, place the tip that has been dipped in chocolate into the holes of the Oreos.
- Next, place the colored melting wafers into separate, deep, microwave safe containers. Use the same method, heating on 50 % power for one minute. Stir the wafers with a fork and add 1 tablespoon of Crisco shortening to each color.
- Return the bowls to the microwave and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Heat the the melting wafers until they have a smooth and silky consistency.
- Dip each Oreo on a stick into the melted wafers. Be sure to cover the entire cookie and allow excess to drip off.
- Immediately add sprinkles and candy eyes to each of the monster Oreo pops. If the chocolate is really hot, and the candy eyes and sprinkles immediately fall off or slide down, don’t worry! Allow the monsters to rest upright on the rim of a glass until the chocolate hardens enough to support the decorations.
- Place completed pops on a cake pop stand and allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Once the candy has set, they’re ready to serve!
How to Store Leftover Monster Oreo Pops
These chocolate covered Oreo pops can be kept at room temperature, in the refrigerator and in the freezer. Storing them will depend on how quickly you plan to eat them!
Either individually cover each of the monster Oreos or place them in an airtight container with parchment in between the layers. They will last for about 3 days at room temperature in a cool place.
FRIDGE: Store in the fridge for up to a week. Try to avoid moving the pops back and forth from room temp to the refrigerator. The changing the temperature could cause them to sweat and cause the sprinkles and candy eyes to soften.
FREEZER: You can freeze Oreo pops too! Freeze individually, or in batches with parchment paper between layers. They will last for 2 months in the freezer.
What other toppings can I add to monster Oreo pops?
Give each monster little horns by breaking off pieces of mini pretzels and smushing them into the cream of the cookie after coating it in melting candy. You can also give your monsters mouths with decorative icing.
Make silly hair by dyeing shaved coconut and using it in place of sprinkles!
How do I keep the cake pop stick from sliding out of the Oreo?
The step where you dip the tip of each stick in white chocolate is the key to keeping in inside the Oreo. After inserting the stick into the Oreo filling, allow plenty of time for it to set before moving on. If you don’t let it set, it could slide out and not have enough strength to hold.
- Don’t have a cake pop stand? Grab a thick piece of styrofoam and poke holes in it with the cake pop sticks. This will act as the perfect platform to hold the Oreo pops upright.
- Make a variety of different faces and “hairstyles” so that no two monster Oreos are alike!
- Be sure that you melt the melting wafers until they are the consistency of a salad dressing. You want it thin and smooth so it’s easy to dip each Oreo.
Let us know how you like these spooky sweets! Halloween just got so much more fun, am I right?!
More Easy Desserts You’ll Love
- Ritz S’mores Cookies are another fabulous chocolate covered no-bake recipe!
- These Frito Bars are a tasty sweet and slaty combo that you can make in just 15 minutes.
- No Bake Scotcheroo Pie is one of my favorite desserts to bring to a party or potluck!
- Everyone should learn how to make the perfect Banana Split!
- 24 Double Stuffed Oreos
- ½ cup white chocolate candy melts
- 12 ounces green candy melts
- 12 ounces purple candy melts
- 12 ounces orange candy melts
- 3 Tablespoons Crisco shortening divided
- Green purple, and orange jimmy sprinkles
- Candy eyes multiple sizes
- 24 Cake pop sticks
- Take each cake pop stick and gently poke a hole about ½ inch deep into the Oreo filling. Do this carefully so as to not break the wafer. Do not leave the stick inside.
- Add white chocolate melting wafers to a small microwave safe bowl. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and return to the microwave for additional 30-second bursts, stirring in between, until silky smooth.
- Dip the tip (about ½ inch deep) of each cake pop stick into the melted chocolate. Place the chocolate dipped tip into the hole you made previously. Do this for each Oreo and allow them to rest until the chocolate is hardened.
- Add the colored melting wafers to deep, small microwave safe containers (glass tumblers work great!). Heat on 50% power or on defrost mode for 1 minute. Stir with a fork and add 1 Tablespoon of Crisco to each. Return to the microwave for additional 30 seconds bursts, stirring in between, until smooth and silky. It should have the consistency of dressing.
- Carefully dip Oreos inside the chocolate deep enough to cover the entire cookie. You may need to work the cake pop stick side to side. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Immediately add sprinkles and candy eyes to each Monster pop. You can do this in any formation you wish. See notes for additional design tips.
- Allow monster pops to rest upright (use a cake pop stand) inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.