Got fresh peaches? Make this quick and easy Peach Pie recipe with only five ingredients! It’s a classic recipe that’s delicious. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect summer dessert.
The only thing better than peach pie is an EASY peach pie that you only need five ingredients to make. I mean, it’s summer and I am all about the easy dessert recipes – the last thing I want to do is stand in a hot kitchen dealing with a complicated recipe.
Even though it’s easy it’s still made with fresh peaches – you know, the juicy, sweet fresh peaches that you can only get in the summer? We are taking them and baking them up in the most amazing dessert – no one will ever guess how easy it is to make!
Only 5 Ingredients!
Yes, we’re using premade dough for this recipe! Of course, you can use your favorite homemade crust for this recipe but you can make a delicious pie without it. Store-bought dough is one of my favorite shortcuts.
The other special ingredient is minute tapioca which is in the filling. It thickens the peach filling and helps it set up so when you slice the pie the filling doesn’t run out all over the place. It’s a really easy way to get that perfect filling texture without hardly any work.
How to Pick a Ripe Peach
This recipe is all about the fresh peaches! You know when a peach is ripe when it has a little give when you gently squeeze it. Also, it should be fragrant and smell like a peach!
If you have peaches that aren’t ripe yet, just store them in a paper bag. This will speed up the ripening process. Don’t store them in the refrigerator – that will actually slow down the ripening process.
Can I Use Frozen Peaches?
If peaches are in season definitely go with fresh ones! If you want to make this pie at another time of year you can use frozen sliced peaches.
Be sure to fully thaw and drain them first. Lightly pat them dry, too. Frozen fruit has a lot more liquid when thawed and that could make your filling runny.
How to Make Fresh Peach Pie
- Combine the peaches, sugar, and minute tapioca in a bowl.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with one dough round. Place the filling in the crust.
- Cover the filling with the second pie crust. Seal the top crust with the bottom one around the edges by pressing them together. Flute the edges.
- Cut several slits in the top crust. This will allow steam to escape while the pie bakes. Brush the top crust with cream. You can also sprinkle granulated sugar over the top of the crust, too.
- Bake it for 45 to 60 minutes at 375 degrees F.
You should definitely serve slices of this amazing pie with vanilla ice cream or dollops of homemade whipped cream!
If you have leftovers they will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days. Just cover the pie with foil or plastic wrap.
So, are you ready to make this easy peach pie? It’s the best way to use up all those summer peaches – I hope you love it!
More Fruit Dessert Recipes
- Another amazing summer treat you have to try is Strawberry Shortcake! Homemade biscuits topped with whipped cream and strawberries is always a hit!
- Apple Pie is a classic fall recipe that I look forward to every year! The sweet homemade apple filling spiced with cinnamon in between flaky pie crust is always a treat to look forward too!
- My Strawberry Crisp recipe is so easy and always a crowd-pleaser!
- Cherry Bars have a soft and flakey crust flavored with almond and stuffed with cherry pie filling! It’s easier than pie but just as yummy!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your beautiful apple pies!!
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- 6 c. peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ c. white sugar
- 2 Tbsp minute tapioca
- Cream and sugar; for topping
- In a large bowl combine peaches, sugar and tapioca.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with one pie crust. Place pie filling in pastry.
- Place the second crust on top of the peach filling. Press the edges together with the bottom crust. Trim the crust, leaving about ½’’ of crust around the edges. Flute the crust.
- Make several slits in the top of the crust, allowing steam to escape while baking. Lightly brush cream on the top and sprinkle white sugar; if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-60 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.