Quick and easy Strawberry Pie with only 5 ingredients is the perfect summertime dessert. Made with a frozen pie crust, strawberry Jell-O, fresh strawberries and topped with homemade whipped cream or Cool Whip. Nothing says summer like this dessert!
What can I do with freshly picked strawberries? I could make a Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp or maybe some Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade – now that sounds refreshing! Or how about Strawberry Ice Cream? That’s a real favorite!
There is nothing that screams summer more to me than those luscious red strawberries that are everywhere. When I see those popping up in the grocery stores I know it’s time for summer!
What treat is my favorite to use those strawberries up? This super, simple strawberry pie that comes together quickly and I don’t have to slave over for hours, yet it looks like you did.
Why this Strawberry Pie Recipe Works:
- Did you see it only takes 5 ingredients? It’s the perfect quick and easy dessert to make!
- It’s so easy to put your own spin on it. If it’s hot out and you want to skip the oven simply grab a premade graham cracker crust and use that instead of baking a pie crust!
- It’s the perfect summer dessert that screams backyard parties!
5 Ingredients for Strawberry Pie
- Pie shell – You can use a traditional pie shell or switch it up with a graham cracker or oreo crust.
- Strawberries – Look for strawberries similar in size to make the pie easier to cut. You can also slice your strawberries if you prefer.
- Strawberry Jell-O
Don’t forget the Cool Whip or Homemade Whipped Cream to top your strawberry pie with!
How to Make Strawberry Pie with Jello
- Prepare Shell – Bake pie shell and cool.
- Prep Strawberries – Clean and hull berries. Place strawberries into the cooled pie shell.
- Mix – Combine the water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to boil. Cook two minutes. Add strawberry Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Pour over berries.
- Chill – Place in the refrigerator and chill until set, slice and enjoy!
If you are looking for a new recipe to use up those yummy strawberries this is calling your name. If you are scared of pies this is perfect for you. With a handful of ingredients, this is pretty much fool proof!
Easy Strawberry Pie FAQ
Any pie that contains eggs or dairy should be refrigerated as soon as they’ve cooled, but this pie doesn’t contain dairy or eggs does it still need to be refrigerated? Yes, because it contains Jell-O pop this needs to be refrigerated.
Of course! You could even just grab a premade graham cracker crust and use that.
We think it’s best used with in the first two days or the crust can get soggy. If you will be waiting to serve it brush it with a egg wash to help prevent the crust from getting soggy.
Troubleshooting Strawberry Pie Recipe with Jello
How do you keep pie crust from getting soggy?
There are several ways to prevent the crust from getting soggy. In this recipe, you’ll blind bake the crust and what this means is simply pre-baking the crust.
Puncture the bottom of the crust with a fork in several places. This will keep the crust from bubbling. If the edges of the crust are getting overly dark, cover them with parchment paper or foil until the baking is complete.
Some use pie weights or even uncooked beans (white beans or pinto beans, really any type of uncooked bean will work) poured into the bottom of the pie crust to keep it from bubbling up, but really pricking it with a fork will do the trick for this pie.
Storing Strawberry Jello Pie
Make sure to cover any leftovers with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. If you are making it ahead of time store, covered, in the refrigerator until it is time to serve.
Can you freeze a strawberry pie?
Though this pie will keep well in the fridge up to five days, you can also freeze it! Wrap it well with tinfoil and pop it in the freezer. Well sealed, it will keep up to two months in the freezer.
Personally, I prefer mine fresh. Just beware the juices will be a bit runnier if you freeze it and then thaw to enjoy.
If you are looking for a quick and easy summertime dessert that everyone will love then you have to try this easy pie recipe!
More of my favorite pie recipes!
- In the spring there’s nothing like a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie that’s perfectly sweet and tart! The ultimate combo.
- Looking for an easy no-bake dessert? Strawberry Lemonade Pie is so refreshing and delicious on a hot summer day!
- Rhubarb Pie is the quintessential welcome to spring dessert! My mouth is watering just thinking about this pie!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
- Best Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Doritos Salad
- Honey Garlic Drumsticks
- Mud in a Cup
- Crock Pot Hamburger Dip
- How Long to Boil Corn on the Cob Frozen
Which pie is your favorite? With strawberries as luscious as these available everywhere now, pie will definitely be on the menu! Love it? Rate it, please! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your photos!!
- 9 inch pie shell
- 4 c. strawberries washed and hulled
- 1 ½ c. water
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 oz package strawberry Jell-O
- Bake pie shell according to package directions. Cool.
- Place washed and hulled strawberries in cool pie shell.
- Combine water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to boil and cook two minutes. Add strawberry Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Slowly pour over berries.
- Chill in refrigerator until set. Store, covered, in refrigerator until serving.