Quick and easy Strawberry Pie with only 5 ingredients is the perfect summertime dessert. Made with a frozen pie crust, jello, fresh strawberries and topped with homemade whipped cream or Cool Whip. Nothing says summer like this dessert!
What can I do with freshly picked strawberries? I could make a Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp or maybe some Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade – now that sounds refreshing! Or how about Strawberry Ice Cream? That’s a real favorite!
There is nothing that screams summer more to me than those luscious red strawberries that are everywhere. When I see those popping up in the grocery stores I know it’s time for summer!
What treat is my favorite to use those strawberries up? This super, simple strawberry pie that comes together quickly and I don’t have to slave over for hours, yet it looks like you did.
What more can a girl ask for? I’ll tell you where I got this recipe from. My mom. So obviously it’s good, right? Yup exactly. Anything from Mom’s kitchen is good.
5 Ingredients for Strawberry Pie
- Pie shell – You can use a traditional pie shell or switch it up with a graham cracker or oreo crust.
- Strawberries – Look for strawberries similar in size to make the pie easier to cut. You can also slice your strawberries if you prefer.
- Strawberry Jell-O
Don’t forget the Cool Whip or Homemade Whipped Cream to top your strawberry pie with!
Steps to Prepare
- Prepare Shell – Bake pie shell and cool.
- Prep Strawberries – Clean and hull berries. Place strawberries into the cooled pie shell.
- Mix – Combine the water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to boil. Cook two minutes. Add strawberry Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Pour over berries.
- Chill – Place in the refrigerator and chill until set, slice and enjoy!
If you are looking for a new recipe to use up those yummy strawberries this is calling your name. If you are scared of pies this is perfect for you. With a handful of ingredients, this is pretty much fool proof!
Here are some commonly asked questions along with the answers.
If you have any other questions leave me a comment below and I’ll do my best to answer your questions!
Should this pie be refrigerated?
Any pie that contains eggs or dairy should be refrigerated as soon as they’ve cooled, but this pie doesn’t contain dairy or eggs does it still need to be refrigerated? Yes, because it contains Jell-O pop this needs to be refrigerated.
How do you keep pie crust from getting soggy?
There are several ways to prevent the crust from getting soggy. In this recipe, you’ll “blind bake” the crust and what this means is simply pre-baking the crust.
Puncture the bottom of the crust with a fork in several places. This will keep the crust from bubbling. If the edges of the crust are getting overly dark, cover them with parchment paper or foil until the baking is complete.
Some use “pie weights” or even uncooked beans (white beans or pinto beans, really any type of uncooked bean will work) poured into the bottom of the pie crust to keep it from bubbling up, but really pricking it with a fork will do the trick for this pie.
Want to make your own pie crust? This pie crust recipe looks mighty tasty!
Can you freeze a strawberry pie?
Though this pie will keep well in the fridge up to five days, you can also freeze it! Wrap it well with tinfoil and pop it in the freezer. Well sealed, it will keep up to two months in the freezer. Unless of course your husband or kids find it first! ?
Personally, I prefer mine fresh. Just beware the juices will be a bit runnier if you freeze it and then thaw to enjoy.
If you are looking for a quick and easy summertime dessert that everyone will love then you have to try this easy pie recipe!
More of my favorite pie recipes!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Lemonade Pie
- Rhubarb Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Apple Pie with Crumb Topping
Which pie is your favorite? With strawberries as luscious as these available everywhere now, pie will definitely be on the menu! Love it? Rate it, please!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your photos!!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
- 9 inch pie shell
- 4 c. strawberries washed and hulled
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 oz package strawberry Jell-O
- Bake pie shell according to package directions. Cool.
- Place washed and hulled strawberries in cool pie shell.
- Combine water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to boil and cook two minutes. Add strawberry Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Pour over berries.
- Chill until set.