Make your own homemade Salted Nut Roll Bars! This dessert recipe starts with a cake batter bottom, then is topped with gooey marshmallows, peanuts and a peanut butter mixture for a delicious dessert recipe. They are soft, chewy and buttery and oh so good!
Salted Nut Roll Bars
Remember that crazy girl in the grocery store I wrote about yesterday? Well, she requested I finally post this recipe. She says her husband’s favorite candy bar is the Salted Nut Roll and I guarantee if he likes those he’ll love these bars even more.
For the record, she’s really not crazy and she’s one of the most amazing chicks I’ve ever met! I’ve been teasing her with this recipe for oh… about a month and I just haven’t got around to posting it!
Salted Nut Roll Bars Recipe
Sometimes I have a stash of recipes waiting around for a rainy day when I don’t know what to write about and this one just got tucked away in that stash. Actually, it’s a stash for when I lose my mojo in the kitchen and I need a few backup recipes that I can post because nothing has been turning out for several days, maybe even weeks.
Grocery List for Salted Nut Roll Bars
- yellow cake mix
- miniature marshmallows
- peanut butter chips
- corn syrup
- Rice Krispies
Yes, I have those moments too. Things can look or sound so amazing and get raving reviews from others and then I make them and think what on earth happened?
In fact this happened the other night and I literally read that recipe about fifty times trying to figure out what step I missed and messed up. I never did find out what went wrong and the bars and recipe went into the garbage. What can I say our taste buds are all different.
In fact you might find this out about one or two of my recipes you try. *Gasp* I know who would have thought! I will try not to take to much offense if I ever hear this! This recipe comes from my aunt and like I said before is amazing, even more amazing than a Nut Roll.
The crust is the key ingredient. It’s soft and chewy and buttery and oh so good. I could probably just eat that part of the bar. Enjoy!
How Do You Make Salted Nut Roll Bars?
- Combine the cake mix, egg and softened butter.
- Press the batter into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Put the marshmallows on top of the hot crust and bake for 3 minutes or until puffed up.
- Melt the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and butter. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Next, add in the peanuts and Rice Krispies. Combine well and pour over marshmallows.
- Refrigerate until cooled – slice before the bars are completely hardened – enjoy!
If you love a great sweet treat, here are more bar recipes you will love!
- Knock You Naked Bars
- The Best Rice Krispie Treats
- Caramel Oatmeal Bars
- Nutter Butter Rice Krispie Bars Recipe
- Almond Bars
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this treat! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS SALTED NUT ROLL BARS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I post a new video!
Salted Nut Roll Bars
- 18.25 oz yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. melted butter divided
- 3 c. miniature marshmallows
- 12 oz peanut butter chips
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. peanuts
- 2 c. Rice Krispies
- Mix the cake mix, egg and 1/4 c. butter. Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Put the marshmallows on top of the hot crust. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until puffed up.
- Melt the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and 1/2 c. butter. Add vanilla and mix. Then add the peanuts and Rice Krispies. Mix well.
- Pour over marshmallows. Refrigerate, but make sure to cut before they get to hard!