Pizza Bars ~ Gooey Oatmeal Crust layered with caramel then topped with Peanut Butter Chips, M&M’s and Drizzled with Chocolate!
I’m currently lounging on the couch in my pj’s on my day off watching Gossip Girl which is my new addiction. Yes I know it’s ten o’clock and its my day off don’t judge me for this! I know there will be a point in time where I won’t have this opportunity so I’m enjoying this while I can. I have made this pan of bars we are going to discuss and started the dishwasher and successfully blew a breaker while baking so I’d say I’m off to a great start for the day. Ahead of me on my list of duties for the day are going to an insurance meeting about life insurance. Should I blame Jason on this one?? Nah, I agreed to it but I guess I really am growing up. After that I have a hair appointment and I need to get ready for another Scentsy party so I’m pretty sure I’ll have a busy day so I should get off the couch at some point! We are going over to Lucy’s tomorrow night for game night and I got put in charge of the sweet treat because for Halloween I made Monster Bars and they were a big hit. Hopefully I can live up to all the hype! I alter this recipe a bit because I’m allergic to chocolate. Instead of the chocolate chips I use peanut butter chips and instead of the M&M’s I use Reese’s pieces. You can use whichever you are craving!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
- 1 c. Butter
- 1 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 c. Oatmeal
- 11.5 oz bag mini chocolate chips
- 10 oz bag mini M&M's
- 12.25 oz Jar Caramel Sauce
- 2 oz chocolate almond bark melted
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal.
- Press into a 10×15 inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned around edges.
- Spread caramel sauce on bars while still warm.
- Sprinkle with Reese's Pieces and peanut butter chips. Drizzle with Candiquik.
Looking for more easy bar recipes?