Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups ~ Your favorite Buffalo Dip in “skinny” form and all packed inside a crispy wonton wrapper!
Do you guys love football season?
I do!! It’s basically one of my favorite times of the year for multiple reasons.
1. Great excuse to have wings and beer! They just seem to go together with football, like peanut butter and jelly.
2. Its the fall and fall is my favorite season.
3. I’m in a all ladies fantasy football league so its my chance to have that athlete competitive side in me come out. I do admit I get a little into it and when I lose its not a happy day.
4. Its football people!!! Its america’s sport! 🙂
Anywho, besides all my excitement for football season I am also super pumped to share these Skinny Buffalo Dip Wonton Cups with you today! They are as good as Julie’s famous Green Pepper Sausage Wontons!
I think I was first introduced to the famous Creamy Buffalo Dip at a Superbowl party a couple years back and I haven’t looked back since. The stuff is seriously addicting! But ohh so not good for you, tons of cheese and ranch and if you ask me .. kinda unnecessarily added. You can still have the same great “buffalo wing” taste with half the cheese and ranch.
How do I know this you ask?
Well, um… because of this recipe … duh!!! 🙂
What I love about these Skinny Buffalo Dip Wonton Cups is they are in bite-size form. So instead of taking a whopping scoop of Buffalo Dip and a mound of tortilla chips which could equal XXXXX calories … you have built in portion control with these babies. Score!!
And.. cecause of the decreased amounts of cheese and ranch dressing you won’t feel as guilty eating one or two or three or ok five of these! Double score!
So the next time you have people over for the big game be sure to whip these out and wow everyone with these Skinny Buffalo Dip Wonton Cups.
- 1 cup of franks red hot sauce
- 1/3 cup of ranch dressing
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1.5 lbs. of chicken cooked and finely chopped
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 1/3 cup of chives chopped
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add cooked chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and franks red hot sauce. Mix till all combined. Set aside.
- Spray muffin tins with PAM, place a wonton wrapper in each muffin tin. Press down so that it fills the cup.
- Fill each wonton wrapper up with the buffalo chicken mixture.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until wonton edges are crispy and browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top with chopped chives.
Other Appetizer Recipes by Joyful Healthy Eats: