S’mores Donuts ~ Homemade Donuts Loaded with Marshmallow Frosting then Drizzled with Chocolate and Topped with Crushed Graham Crackers!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
It’s with much sadness I write this post. It’s the bittersweet end of our terrific S’mores week. Sigh. I adore S’mores. This is a difficult day for me.
Do you love them as much as me? I sure hope you got your fill of them this week! I know I did, but really I don’t know if that’s possible.
There is nothing better in my mind then relaxing at the cabin, overlooking the lake and enjoying a big bon fire as the sun sets while roasting marshmallows. It just screams summer to me. I seriously look forward to this for months at the tail end of winter, which seems to drag on forever and ever. The best bon fires are early in the summer before the lovely Minnesota mosquitoes go crazy and end up being bad enough to literally carry you away or at least confine you to the house. Fall bon fires are just as good as the crisp fall air envelopes you and you snuggle around the fire trying to keep warm. It’s a bittersweet reminder that the lovely outside weather is coming to an end again. It’s also completely depressing in my opinion now that I think about it.
Now you have some amazing treats to get you through those bitter, long winter months when you are craving S’mores because obviously you will be dreaming of summer, bon fires, S’mores and the lake for about 9 months if you are like me and are stuck in a tundra for that long.
I think this is one of the most depressing blog posts I’ve wrote. I don’t want winter. I don’t want winter.
At least this winter I’ll have a brand new babe to snuggle up with in front of the winter, so if you don’t hear from me for about three months that’s going to be my excuse ok? Nah, I love ya to much I’m not going to leave you for that long no worries! And I’m also not going to think about how much work I have to do to get ahead for those sleepless nights ahead of me.
Instead I’m going to think about happy, yummy thoughts in my dreams that are more than likely including S’mores. Lots and lots of S’mores. I’m obsessed. Wait I already told you that didn’t I? I hope you enjoyed this S’more week as much as me! Be sure to check out all the other fabulous, to-die for S’mores posts from these other lovely bloggers! They might get you through winter!
- 1 1/3 c. yellow cake mix
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/8 c. water
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a donut pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, milk, oil and egg. Mixed until combined. Spoon batter into a ziplock bag. Cut the tip off the bag and pipe into donut pan dividing evenly between all six donut forms.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until donuts spring back when pressed. Cool. Remove from donut pan.
- In a small sauce pan add butter and water. Melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows to saucepan and melt, stirring frequently. Whisk in vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Dip half of each donut in frosting, flip over so undipped portion is down and place on wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Stir in oil. Drizzle over tops of frosted donuts, immediately sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Cool.
|Serving Size||1 donut|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 427kcal Calories from fat 118|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
did you make this recipe?
Tag @gimmesomegrilling on Instagram and hashtag it #julieseatsandtreats
Craving More Donuts?
Baked Samoa Donuts ~ Buttery Donuts Dipped in Chocolate and Covered in Caramel and Coconut!
Drizzled Snickerdoodle Donuts ~ Light, Fluffy Donuts Rolled in Cinnamon Sugar and Topped with a Vanilla Drizzle!
“Baked” Toasted Coconut Red Velvet Donuts ~ Easy donuts made with a Red Velvet Cake Mix and topped with Cream Cheese Frosting and Toasted Coconut!