Drizzled Snickerdoodle Donuts ~ Light, Fluffy Donuts Rolled in Cinnamon Sugar and Topped with a Vanilla Drizzle!
Let’s chat about mornings.
Love or hate?
I’m indifferent. Well I choose to be because really I could hate them. I love to sleep. I adore sleep. Sounds lame doesn’t it? I feel like I’m an 80 year old woman trapped in a 20 year old’s body sometimes. Rather dull aren’t I?
Instead I just don’t think about it. When my alarm goes off I grudgingly get out of bed to hit that gym and get home before the hubs leaves for work. Although lately it’s been way worse than usual. I’ve been falling back to sleep and then working out in the morning at home. Then pondering cancelling my gym membership all together. I blame it on the “Polar Vortexes” that have been looming all over Minnesota this winter.
Now if any of you would care so much to show up in my home and wake my up with a plate of these amazing Drizzled Snickerdoodle Donuts that would just be delightful! These donuts are light and fluffy from a cake mix and then rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar while still warm.
Life does not get much better than that my friends.
If you have a family member that dreads mornings just like me I know they will hop right on out of bed when these donuts make an appearance on your breakfast table!
Grab that donut pan and welcome in tomorrow morning!
- 1 1/3 cup yellow dry cake mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oz Vanilla Candiquik
- 1 tsp oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a donut pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, milk, oil and egg. Mixed until combined. Spoon batter into a ziplock bag. Cut the tip off the bag and pipe into donut pan dividing evenly between all six donut forms.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until donuts spring back when pressed. Cool for two minutes. Remove from donut pan.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon. Melt butter in separate bowl. Dip each donut in butter covering entire donut. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on wire rack.
- Melt Candiquik according to package directions. Stir in oil. Drizzle over donuts. Let sit until Candiquik is set.