Need an easy and fun Valentine’s Day treat? Make this yummy Valentine’s Rice Krispie Hearts! Simple and fun Rice Krispie Treats that are cut out into hearts and decorated for a delicious treat or dessert at Valentine’s Day parties.
What’s not to love about rice krispie treats? Crunchy cereal mixed with gooey sweet marshmallows, it’s no wonder they’re a classic that everyone loves. But once you cut them into heart shapes, cover them in chocolate and decorate with sprinkles, you have an adorable dessert that will spread the love to everyone you care about! Valentine’s rice krispie hearts are one of my most favorite treats to make every single February.
Whether you’re making a swirl Valentine’s Day cake or these tasty treats, every holiday just has to have a themed dessert. It’s essentially a rule around my house! If there’s a holiday coming up, a sweet treat that matches that special day will definitely be made. That’s why I created these yummy heart shaped rice krispie treats. A kid-friendly, easy-to-make dessert that is just the most adorable thing to make.
Why You’ll Love this Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treats
- Make rice krispie treats in just about a half hour. If you need a super fast recipe, then you’ll love making these special heart shaped treats.
- Valentine’s rice krispie treats are great to give out as gifts. Package them individually in cute cellophane bags, tie a ribbon around it, and hand them out.
- This family friendly dessert is perfect for all ages. Get your kids to help decorate each treat!
Ingredients for Valentine’s Rice Krispie Hearts
- Rice krispies cereal – The key ingredients for these classic snacks shaped like a cute little heart.
- Pink candy melts – You’ll use pink candy melts to decorate your Valentine’s Day rice krispie treats.
- Marshmallows – Ooey, gooey, and oh-so-sweet — grab some marshmallows to make these yummy little treats!
- Unsalted butter – I would definitely stick with unsalted butter here as the salty flavor from salted butter could linger in the rice krispie treats.
- White chocolate chips – Nothing says Valentine’s Day more than chocolate, am I right?
- Sprinkles – The cuter the sprinkles you can find, the better! Grab any themed sprinkles to make these adorable little treats.
How to Make Valentine’s Rice Krispie Treats
- Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and then set it aside to use later.
- In a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the unsalted butter and marshmallows over low heat. Continuously stir so that the marshmallows don’t stick and burn.
- Once melted, remove the marshmallow from heat. Then, quickly stir in the Rice Krispies cereal, mixing well until evenly combined.
- Transfer the Rice Krispie cereal mixture to the previously prepared baking sheet and spread it out into an even layer. Press the mixture down so it is tightly packed together.
- Let the Rice Krispies cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Then use a heart shaped cookie cutter to create heart shaped Rice Krispie treats. Place them onto a cooling rack or separate clean baking sheet.
- Melt the pink candy and white chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave, according to package instructions.
- Take the valentines Rice Krispies and dip the upper part of the heart in white chocolate, then add any sprinkles you want. Using a spoon or piping bag, drizzle the pink candy over the other treats and then decorate with sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate and candy to set, and then serve or store for later!
How To Store Heart Shaped Rice Krispie Treats
Allow treats to completely cool and let the candy fully set before storing. Then transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for about a week. Or, store in the fridge to extend their life a little bit!
If you are wrapping in bags or gift tins to hand out, don’t do that more than 24 hours before you plan to gift them. This will help ensure they don’t go stale and have the best flavor and texture.
Can I make different shaped rice krispie treats?
Absolutely! Use any cookie cutter shapes you want to make the most fun variety of treats. You can also use different colored candy melts too. With fun shapes and any candy color, you can adapt this recipe for any of your favorite holidays. You can make trees for Christmas, pumpkins for Thanksgiving, and four leaf clovers for St. Patrick’s Day!
Pro Tips for the Best Valentine’s Rice Krispie Hearts
- Don’t like to melt candy in the microwave? You can use the double boiler method on your stove-top
- To add decorations like words, use gel icing from the grocery store. Just keep in mind that it won’t set and can easily be smeared.
- You’ll like have leftover treat mixture after cutting out the hearts. Use it to make mini hearts with your hands.
Heart shaped rice krispie treats are just the cutest sweet treat for the holiday of love!
More Rice Krispie Recipes You’ll Love
- These Caramel Rice Krispie Treats are crunchy, gooey, and perfect for any and every occasion. You’re going to love them!
- If you want a classic plain rice krispie treat, then turn to my recipe for The Best Rice Krispie Treats ever!
- Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies are just the best dessert if you love peanut butter and chocolate and rice krispie treats.
- For a super fun twist on this classic treat, make a yummy Salted Nut Roll Bar.
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cup Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereals
- ½ cup pink candy melts
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Valentine’s day sprinkles for decoration
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Heat a 5 quart Dutch oven or large saucepan on low heat and melt the butter and marshmallows. Stir it often to avoid burning using a wooden ladle or spatula.
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted remove the Dutch oven from the heat.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies and mix it well with the melted marshmallow evenly.
- Transfer the Rice Krispie mixture to the greased baking pan. Press the mixture tightly using the spatula to form an even layer.
- Allow the Rice Krispies to cool down at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter (3-inch size) and cut the Rice Krispies.
- Meanwhile, melt the pink candy melts and white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for a minute until they completely melted.
- Dip the upper part of the heart in the white chocolate and decorate it with Valentine’s Day sprinkles. And for some Krispies drizzle the pink melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.
- Enjoy immediately or store it in an airtight container.