White Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps ~ Soft, Chewy Gingersnaps Dipped in Sweet White Chocolate!
Sometimes as the holiday bustle gets going it’s easy to forget the most meaningful things in life. The fact that it is important to take time to help each other out and give instead of always receiving. I’m proud to stay that I got to participate in the The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year!
What is The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap you might ask? It’s a wonderful event that bring food bloggers from across the world together PLUS it’s raises money for an incredible charity. The charity this year is COOKIES FOR KIDS’ CANCER, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used int he fight against pediatric cancer. Pediatric cancer claims the lives of more children in the US than any other disease.
Not only did many, many food bloggers contribute to this amazing event we got to partner with OXO, Dixie Crystals, and Grandma’s Molasses! Bless their hearts in helping us to raise over $13,000 for this wonderful charity!
I got to send these White Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps to three other food bloggers and in return they sent me a dozen of their favorite cookies! It was so much fun to come home to a box of cookies after work and I didn’t have to make them!
I highly recommend trying out these White Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps to adorn your cookie tray this year. They are soft, chewy and pretty much perfect if I don’t say so myself! Plus when you dip them in white chocolate it ends an elegant and impressive touch sure to impress your guests!
More delicious cookies to enjoy!
- White Chocolate Molasses Cookies
- Soft Sugar Cookies
- Slice and Bake Walnut Maple Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
White Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. molasses
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sugar for rolling
- 2 12 oz white chocolate baking chips or vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 c. shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil, mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in molasses.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix until combined. Shape dough into 3/4 in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cookie springs back when lightly touched. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Melt white chocolate chips with shortening in saucepan over low heat. Dip cookies halfway; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper to harden.